Best Gallbladder Cancer Treatment & Diagnostics in Chembur, Mumbai
The development of abnormal cell growth in the gallbladder region leads to cancerous activity. Gallbladder cancer is a silent form of cancer, thanks to its low detection rate. If you face any pain around the abdominal region (right side of your stomach), you should consult a gallbladder cancer surgery specialist near you right away.
What Leads to Cancer in the Gallbladder?
The underlying cause of gallbladder cancer is yet unknown. The formation of gallstones (cholelithiasis) and leaving it untreated is a prime reason. Clinical experts suggest a potential time-lapse of gallbladder cancer. It’s as follows:
- The harmless gallstones grow in size due to bile deposition. Left untreated, it harvests bacterial infection.
- The recurrent feeling of abdominal pain, nausea, and fever are warning signs of gallbladder cancer.
- If left untreated, it turns into cholecystitis. Cyst-like formation infects the gallbladder.
Don't ignore if you are experiencing any of the mentioned symptoms. Consult a gallbladder cancer surgery doctor near you to diagnose your condition.
What are the Symptoms of Gallbladder Cancer?
Gallbladder cancer is silent in the beginning stage. Practice extra precaution and consult a gallbladder cancer surgery doctor near you on experiencing any of the mentioned symptoms:
- Abdominal pain (below the right ribs)
- Unexplained bloating (indigestion due to irregular bile supply)
- Rapid loss of weight
- Nausea and fever
- Passing of discolored stools and yellowing of the skin (excessive bile pigments)
Diagnostic Methods of Gallbladder Cancer
Consult a gallbladder cancer surgery doctor near you if you experience any of the mentioned symptoms. The diagnosis of gallbladder cancer usually involves the following steps:
- You'd undergo a physical examination
- For further confirmation, a fine-needle biopsy using CT scan and MRI.
For a positive (presence of cancer) biopsy report, consult with a gallbladder cancer surgery specialist near you for treatment.
When to Consult a Clinical Expert?
Gallbladder cancer can stay undetected for a very long time. Do not ignore stomach cramps, abdominal pains, and pigmentation problems persisting over a long time. Consult a gallbladder cancer surgery doctor near you if you experience the symptoms mentioned above.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Are You at Risk of Gallbladder Cancer?
If you have a genetic history of gallbladder issues, you must seek an early diagnosis from a gallbladder cancer surgery doctor near you. You are still at risk:
- If you consume alcohol
- Have an unhealthy lifestyle
- Undergo little or no clinical check-ups
- Women report more gallbladder issues than men
How to Treat Gallbladder Cancer?
Gallbladder cancer is treated based on the extent of cancer-affected cells. Consult with a gallbladder cancer surgery specialist about the course of treatment. If your biopsy report suggests that cancer has spread beyond the gallbladder to the liver or pancreatic regions, you may undergo the following:
- Removal of the gallbladder (cholecystectomy) and surrounding cell masses
- Using anti-cancer drugs (chemotherapy), high powered X-Rays (radiation therapy) to clean the surgical area of any carcinogenic cells
- Treatment using specific drugs to target the gallbladder cells destroying its cancerous properties
- Administration of immunosuppressive agents to prevent auto-immune responses
Before the operation, you have to get yourself admitted to a gallbladder cancer surgery hospital near you. A gallbladder cancer surgery may need more than one operation, depending on the stage of the cancer.
What to Do Post-Gallbladder Surgery?
- Take plenty of rest and fluids.
- Spend time with your loved ones
- Show some self-love
- Speak your mind because the postoperative phase is vital in cancer surgeries
- For regular check-ups, stay in touch with a gallbladder cancer surgery doctor near you.
Gallbladder cancer is a curable condition. The chances of complete recovery depend on early detection and prompt treatment. Remember, abdominal pain is not normal. If any form of abdominal pain (an underlying sign of gallbladder cancer) persists for more than a week, consult a gallbladder cancer surgery doctor near you right away.
There would be no problem in the absence of the gallbladder. In the absence of a storage organ (gallbladder stores bile), the liver would channel the extra secreted bile straight into the digestive system.
The liver may or may not get affected due to gallbladder cancer. The chances of infection are high, however. Consult a gallbladder cancer surgery doctor near you to find out more about your condition.
No, the absence of the gallbladder means nothing for the digestive system. However, people with acidity-related problems may feel issues due to the direct secretion of excessive bile into the digestive system.