Minimally Invasive Urological Treatment
Minimally invasive urological treatments are the latest medical advancements in diagnosis and treatment of urological diseases.
What do you need to know about minimally invasive urological treatment?
Minimally invasive urological treatments help in dealing with diseases and disorders related to the kidneys, bladder and prostate. As the name suggests, a urology surgeon operates with few minimal incisions.
To seek treatment, you can visit a urology hospital near you. You can also search for a urologist near me.
What are the types of minimally invasive urological treatment?
The minimally invasive treatments dealing with urological problems include:
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy: This treatment process involves removing kidney stones through a keyhole cut and applying high frequency sound waves.
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy: This treatment helps with kidney issues and lets a urology surgeon remove the infected part of a kidney with just a minute incision.
- Robotic-assisted prostatectomy: This technique is applied for treatment of prostate cancer. This technique can preserve potency and bladder control which is its advantage over other techniques available.
- Prostate brachytherapy (seed implants): This is among one of the most effective treatments for prostate cancer. With this technique, surgeons implant the seed which transfers a high dose of radiation to a specific tumor. Through this technique the chances of damaging any of the nearby tissues are minimum.
- Endoscopy: It is a minimally invasive procedure which helps a urology surgeon to examine the internal organs and tissues while using an endoscope and come up with a diagnostic analysis of the bladder, kidneys and ureter issues.
- Orchiopexy: This surgery is for men to resolve their testicular torsion.
- Minimally invasive surgery for pelvic organ prolapse
- Vaginal and urethral reconstruction
You can consult any of the urology doctors in Mumbai as well.
Why is minimally invasive urological treatment needed?
Minimally invasive urological treatment is the latest and one of the best choices to deal with cases of the prostate, kidneys, bladder and other problems of the urinary tract. Few common diseases and complications for which people choose to get minimally invasive urological treatments are as follows:
- Kidney cancer
- Kidney diseases
- Kidney and ureteral stones
- Kidney cysts
- Kidney transplant
- Kidney blockage
- Bladder cancer
- Bladder prolapse
- Overactive bladder
- Prostate cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Urinary incontinence
To know more, you can consult any of the urology doctors in Mumbai.
When do you need to see a doctor for minimally invasive urological treatment?
If you are experiencing urological issues such as slow urination, stones in the kidneys, bladder or related region, symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia and urinary tract obstruction and are unable to empty the bladder completely, you must visit a urologist.
The urologist will look at your past medical history and will ask for imaging tests like CT scans and X-rays or even a blood test. Based upon the diagnosis results, the urologist will recommend and discuss the right treatment for you.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risks?
There are certain risks associated with a minimally invasive urological treatment, especially during surgeries, like infections or reaction to general anesthesia. Minimally invasive urological treatments can also have some side effects like:
- Urinary tract infections
- Blood in urine
- Retrograde ejaculaton
- Erectile dysfunction
- Frequent or sudden urination urge
- Burning sensation during urination
A minimally invasive urological treatment can ensure a faster recovery, with less trauma to a patient. This treatment also ensures less pain and bleeding and fewer risks than traditional surgeries. It can also sometimes be cost-effective.
The outcomes of both types of surgeries are quite similar. However, the benefits for opting for minimally invasive treatment are much higher than those offered by traditional treatments.
Like any other treatment, the minimally invasive urological treatment is also associated with certain risks and complications. However the pros of the treatment exceed the cons.
Minimally invasive surgeries can be performed on children, and even babies, for treatment of various complex and common diseases.
You need to mention all such details to your urologist. Your urology specialist will conduct some extra tests to verify if you are eligible for a minimally invasive urological treatment.