Sleep Medications & Insomnia Treatments in Chembur, Mumbai
Sleep medicine is used to treat sleep-related issues like insomnia or sleeplessness and other disruptions in your sleeping cycle. If you face any such issues, visit a general medicine hospital near you for immediate diagnosis.
What Are Sleep Disorders?
Disruptions in sleeping are generally caused by numerous factors, including stress, workload, and work burnout. It can also be hereditary.
Sleep disorders are prevalent amongst almost all age groups. Long-term negligence can turn out to be fatal, so it is better to visit your doctor to avoid complications.
What Are the Symptoms?
These are the most common symptoms that you might observe:
- Loss of concentration
- Decreased productivity and weakness
- Headache and inflammation
- Sore eyes
- Spending days without sleeping
- Stress and anxiety
- Losing temper easily
- Losing control of your emotions
Chronic insomnia and sleeplessness can have severe repercussions for your overall physical and mental health. It is essential to visit your doctor as soon as possible to help yourself out of these situations.
What Are the Causes?
There are various causes of sleeplessness. They include:
- Work burnouts and increased workload can hurt your sleep cycle. Although they are temporary, it is better to take a break or visit your doctor to diagnose your condition and follow the doctor’s prescription to avoid any long-term repercussions.
- If you already have mental health conditions like stress, anxiety, or depression, insomnia and sleeplessness may come with them.
- Sleeplessness is sometimes hereditary too. In this case, consider visiting the best doctor to seek treatment for your condition.
- Overconsumption of caffeinated food items or alcohol also causes sleeplessness. However, this happens only for temporary periods. To not let the issue alleviate, consider avoiding these food items.
- Smoking is also one other common cause of sleeplessness.
When to See a Doctor?
Visit your doctor immediately if you see the above symptoms.
- If the symptoms are visible for a longer time
- If sleeplessness is causing other troubles like mental illness
- Visit your doctor immediately as soon as you identify your condition as insomnia
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What Are the Risk Factors?
The following are considered significant risk factors for sleep disruptions. They include:
- Frequent consumption of caffeinated and other alcohol-based food items
- Forcefully delaying sleep
- Using digital gadgets before sleeping. These hurt your sleep hormones and may cause insomnia in longer turns.
What Are the Complications Associated With Sleeping Medicine?
Sleep medicine may come with its own set of complications and side effects. They include the following:
- Dizziness for a long time, even after waking up
- Headaches or a persistent feeling of heaviness in the head
- Fatigue and weakness
- Loss of concentration
- Diarrhea and nausea
First of all, your doctor may ask a few questions regarding your condition. They might want to analyze what is causing you trouble falling asleep. These include:
- Is it because of jet lag?
- Is it hereditary?
- Your working hours and workload
- Regarding your travel history or how much time you spend traveling in a week.
Depending on your answers, your doctor may suggest the following medicines:
- Sleep aids
If your symptoms are mild, your doctor may suggest a couple of lifestyle changes as well. If your condition is severe, medicines may be the final solution.
You can make a few changes in your lifestyle like avoiding caffeinated food items and alcohol, a daily workout regimen, meditation, and quitting smoking if you identify mild symptoms. If the problem continues to persist, visit your doctor immediately to avoid negative repercussions.
To correctly diagnose your condition, consider visiting your doctor immediately and getting some medicines prescribed.
Although sleeping medicines are considered safe, various experts think they might be problematic in the long term.
Sleep drunkenness is one of the potential side effects of sleeping medicine. It causes confusion and grogginess.