Urine Incontinence Treatment & Diagnostics in Chembur, Mumbai
Urine incontinence is a medical condition wherein a person cannot control the urine flow voluntarily.
What do we need to know about urine incontinence?
This problem is mainly seen in women, although some elderly men also suffer from this health issue. The best way of getting rid of this uncontrollable bladder problem is to undergo urine incontinence treatment in Chembur. You can also visit a urology hospital near you.
What are the different types of urine incontinence?
- Stress incontinence – Whenever you laugh loudly, sneeze, cough violently, work out or try to lift a heavy object, urine may leak out of your bladder involuntarily. The excess pressure exerted on your urinary bladder during these actions may lead to urine incontinence.
- Urge incontinence – You may feel the urge to urinate very frequently, immediately followed by urine leaking out before you can reach the toilet.
- Functional incontinence – You may not be able to reach the toilet on time for urinating, due to any physical problem or otherwise, leading to urine incontinence.
- Overflow incontinence – Urine may keep leaking out continuously or frequently if your urinary bladder is not properly emptied at a time.
- Mixed incontinence – Usually, the joint actions of stress incontinence and urge incontinence result in this type of problem that should be treated by an experienced urine incontinence specialist near you.
What are the symptoms of urine incontinence?
Involuntary leakage of urine is the only symptom of this medical condition. The volume of urine leaking out depends on the physical state and the cause of urine incontinence that can be cured by urine incontinence doctors in Chembur.
What causes urine incontinence?
- Temporary urine incontinence may occur due to intake of alcoholic drinks, carbonated soft drinks, caffeinated beverages, artificial sweeteners, too hot and spicy foods with lots of chili pepper, chocolates, citrus foods, an overdose of vitamin C, sedatives and certain medications prescribed for high blood pressure, heart problems and muscle strain.
- Old age can cause the weakening of muscles supporting your urinary bladder, mainly in physically fragile women, which can be treated at a urine continence hospital in Mumbai.
- Damage of pelvic muscles due to any major surgery, pregnancy or childbirth can result in causing urine incontinence.
- Health issues, like constipation, infection of the urinary tract, inflammation in the urinary bladder and neurological problems can cause chronic urinary incontinence.
When do you need to see a doctor?
You need to visit a doctor immediately when you find that you have absolutely no control over your urinary bladder, with other problems like tiredness, difficulty in walking, speaking or seeing. You may also feel confused, lose bowel control and even be unconscious at times, which shows the emergency of seeing a urine incontinence specialist in Mumbai.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risk factors?
- Excessive obesity
- Fragility in old age
- Chronic ailments like diabetes or neurological problems
- Genetic factor
How can you prevent urine incontinence?
- Maintenance of healthy body weight
- Exercises involving pelvic floor muscles
- More intake of fibers to prevent constipation
- Avoiding alcohol, caffeinated drinks and acidic fruits
- Kicking the habit of smoking
How is urine incontinence treated?
A laboratory test of your urine sample and the amount of urine leaking out can give an idea about the reasons for urine incontinence. Your doctor may also ask you to do an ultrasound test for the bladder, urodynamic tests and cystoscopy to ascertain the cause of this problem more accurately.
There are medicines which can reduce the overactivity of your urinary bladder and decrease your frequent urge for urinating. Some medications can help you to relax the bladder muscles, and hold more urine. Medical devices, like urethra inserts or silicone rings, can be used for preventing urine leakage. Surgical treatment is the last option preferred by urinary incontinence doctors in Mumbai to repair the pelvic muscles or to provide support to the bladder neck.
Urinary incontinence is not a serious ailment that can hamper your normal lifestyle, if treated at the earliest at a reputed urinary incontinence hospital in Chembur.
Your doctor will suggest surgery only if it is absolutely essential and not curable by medications or other simpler treatments.
Yes, you need to follow all the preventive measures as suggested by your doctor to get positive results.
- Repeated infections in the urinary tract
- Skin rashes turning to sores due to infection