Gastric Bypass Treatment & Diagnostics in Chembur, Mumbai
Gastric bypass is one of the most common types of bariatric surgery. Also known as Roux-en-Y, gastric bypass is a type of weight-loss surgery that involves removing most of your stomach, creating a small pouch-like organ and then connecting it with the small
This surgery will let your food go inside the small pouch and then into the small intestine. This surgery is only recommended for people who are suffering from severe weight gain and have life-threatening health conditions.
What do we need to know about the procedure?
- The procedure would start by removing most of your stomach.
- Then your stomach will be transformed into a small pouch, about the size of an egg.
- Afterwards, the pouch will be connected to your small intestine, which will now allow the food to pass.
- The small bowel segment will empty the bypassed stomach pouch that is connected to the small bowel a little down.
- It will make the food mix with stomach acids and digestive enzymes in the first portion of the small intestines.
This surgery helps the body control food intake, reducing hunger pangs and allowing the body to reach an ideal weight. It also helps the patients with acid reflux (heartburn).
To know more, you can search for a gastric bypass surgeon near you or a gastric bypass hospital near you.
Why is the procedure conducted?
This surgery is performed to help you lose your excess weight and reduce the risk of life-threatening diseases related to your weight.
It is suggested only to people who are suffering from severe weight gain and have tried almost everything to lose weight. Your body mass index should be 40 or higher. Weight gain or obesity aren’t the only factors which are considered for the surgery; there are several medical criteria that you are required to meet to qualify for this surgery.
This surgery helps you to overcome:
- High BP
- Heart diseases
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- High cholesterol
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Stroke risk
- Cancer risk
- Infertility risk
When do you need to see a doctor?
If your BMI is over 40 and you are suffering from life-threatening diseases, consult a bariatric surgeon.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the benefits?
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Eliminates obstructive sleep apnea
- Relief from joint pain
- Effective and long-lasting weight loss
What are the risks?
- High risk of nutritional deficiency
- Stomach ulcer
- Bowel obstructions
- Stomach perforations
Apart from ensuring substantial weight loss, gastric bypass surgery can be a life-changing experience for people who are suffering from several health diseases.
Yes, it is effective for weight loss and many other life-threatening diseases as well.
For a week after the surgery, your surgeon will advise you to consume only liquids. After 3 weeks, you will be able to eat pureed food and then shift to soft foods, and then after 2 months, you will be able to consume regular food.
Wait for at least for 12 to 18 months.