Health Checkup Packages in Chembur, Mumbai
Regular health check-ups are necessary to identify any new signs of health problems. Routinely getting a full body examination helps assess risk factors, symptoms or other health issues.
Health check-ups are recommended once every three years if you are under the age of 50. After the age of 50, risk factors of many diseases increase, hence you should get yourself checked annually. You should look for a general Medicine specialist near you if you want to get checked.
What is a health check-up?
Regular health check-ups are essential in recognizing health issues. Identifying these problems early means you can get the correct and effective treatment on time. These check-ups can also help in assessing your lifestyle and suggest ways to improve it.
If you have chronic diseases, you should get yourself checked more frequently as you might have a higher chance of getting other diseases. After screening, your doctor might advise you when to get the next checkup, depending on the results. Contact general medicine hospitals near you for more information.
What are the benefits of getting a health check-up?
Some of the most important benefits of getting a routine health check-up include:
- finding life-threatening health issues early before they become more dangerous
- early treatment of health conditions, which increases the chances of a good health outcome
- regular monitoring of pre-existing health conditions, which reduces the risks of worsening symptoms or severe complications
- staying up-to-date on vaccination schedules and screening tests
- learning new ways to live a healthy life
What should be included in a health checkup?
During a routine health checkup, a doctor will check your medical history, your pre-existing conditions, inspect your health and conduct necessary screening tests.
Men and women are usually examined for:
- HIV screening for adults between aged 15 and 65
- Hepatitis C
- Type 2 diabetes
- Tobacco usage
- Drugs and alcohol consumption
- Colorectal cancer (more prominent after 50)
- Lung cancer, for patients who smoke or used to smoke
- Blood tests, to check cholesterol levels
- ECG (electrocardiogram)
- High BP (blood pressure)
- Obesity or being overweight depending on BMI
When do you need to see a doctor?
Try to go for a health checkup annually.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What to expect when you have a physical exam?
When you go to your doctor for a regular check-up, you will be taken to the exam room, where a nurse or the doctor will:
- Check your blood pressure and other signs
- Verify your medical records, note medical history, lifestyle choices and allergies
- Question the changes in your medical record since your last check-up
- Ask if you need medication refills
- Do screenings for depression and alcohol usage
These are usually done by a nurse. When the nurse leaves, you will be asked to change into a hospital gown and wait at the examination table.
When the doctor arrives, he or she will look at your medical records and suggest some lifestyle changes. This is the right time to ask the doctor any questions regarding the issues that you have been facing.
The doctor will then conduct a full-body physical exam:
- if you’re a woman aged between 21 and 65, your doctor may suggest a pap smear during your physical exam
- depending on your health status, age and medical history, your doctor may perform other types of tests during your physical exam
- investigate growths on your body or other anomalies
- check the tenderness, location, size and consistency of your internal organs
- listen to your intestines, heart, and lungs with the help of a stethoscope
- use percussion, by which the doctor taps your body to detect if there’s fluid retention in areas where it shouldn’t be
After the tests are conducted, the doctor will tell you his or her findings and results. He or she might recommend some more tests depending on the situation. He or she will also suggest appropriate medicines and lifestyle changes. You should look for general Medicine doctors near you when you want to get a check-up.
Getting regular checkups is important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Contact general medicine hospitals in Mumbai for more information.
Teenagers should get themselves checked once every three years.
Depending on the patient, it can last for about 30 minutes to 2 hours
People older than 50 are at risk for several diseases. It is more important for them to get routinely checked.