Colorectal Cancer Surgery in Chembur, Mumbai
The rectum and the colon make up your bowel that helps in processing and discarding the food you eat. Several common problems affect your rectum and colon. Some of the conditions for which you need to seek colorectal treatment in Chembur are colon cancer, polyps, colitis, abscess, anal fissures, hemorrhoids, constipation, and irritable bowel syndrome. These conditions can either take the form of mild irritations or turn into serious illnesses. If you suffer from any of these disorders, make sure to seek colorectal treatment in Mumbai as soon as possible.
What are the Common Types of Colorectal Disorders?
You need to visit a colorectal specialist in Chembur for the following disorders:
- Colon polyps: Colon polyps are an extra piece of tissue that grows from the colon lining in the large intestine. Most polyps are harmless, but the ones that grow bigger than 1/4" are usually cancerous.
- Colorectal cancer: When colon polyps turn cancerous, they lead to colorectal cancer.
- Colitis: Ulcerative colitis is the inflammation of the colon.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: A digestive ailment involving abdominal pain, diarrhea, cramps, and bloating.
- Crohn's Disease: An autoimmune disease of the digestive tract that leads to inflammation in your small intestine
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Colorectal Disorders?
Colorectal doctors in Chembur point out the following signs and symptoms:
- Rectal bleeding: Noticing blood on the toilet paper or your underwear after having a bowel movement.
- Blood in the stool: The presence of blood in the stool can make it look black. It can also show up as red streaks in the stool.
- Abdominal pain: Large polyps tend to obstruct the bowel, leading to constipation and cramps.
- Diarrhea or ongoing constipation: Diarrhea or constipation that lasts over a week is a sign of bowel obstruction.
What are the Possible Causes and Risk Factors of Colorectal Problems?
Though some colorectal conditions do not have a particular cause, colorectal specialists in Mumbai have found these problems stemming from activity and diet. Other risk factors and causes include:
- Age: Most patients suffering from colon polyps are over the age of fifty.
- Ethnicity: Colon polyps are more commonly seen in African Americans than other ethnicities.
- Family history: Colon cancer, polyps, or other colon disorders usually run in the family.
- Inherited genetic mutations: Rare genetic conditions can lead to hundreds of polyps.
- Smoking and alcohol: Smoking and drinking can considerably increase the chances of cancer and colon polyps.
- Sedentary lifestyle: Lack of activity slows down your digestion, and the waste remains in your colon for a long time, leading to colorectal problems.
- Obesity: Being overweight by thirty pounds or more leads to the growth of additional cells in your rectum and colon.
When to See a Doctor for Colorectal Disorders?
In case you start exhibiting any signs or symptoms of colorectal or colon illnesses, visit a colorectal hospital in Mumbai to know the possible causes and treatment options.
If you are looking for a 'colorectal hospital near me,'
you can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals in Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 1066 to book an appointment.
What Are The Treatment Options for Colorectal Disorders?
You need to start your search for a 'colorectal specialist near me' as soon as you are diagnosed with the problem. Treatment for colorectal disorders differs based on the severity and type of the problem. Some of the common treatment options are:
- Medication for reducing inflammation or helping to regain normal bowel functions.
- Surgical removal of the cancerous cells or colon polyps.
- Several changes to lifestyle or diet.
Colorectal doctors in Mumbai also suggest changes in food habits, such as eating less fat and more folate and calcium. To know more,
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Colorectal problems are disorders that affect your rectum and colon. There are several types of colorectal disorders, and these might cause mild irritations or lead to major discomfort. Look for 'colorectal doctors near me' to seek treatment as soon as you can.
Bowel habits can change for several reasons, and you need to visit a colorectal hospital in Chembur to know the exact cause. Possible causes include Crohn's disease and celiac disease.
Blood tests cannot tell if you have colon cancer. However, doctors might note other signs like liver and kidney function tests.
You are most likely to visit a colorectal surgeon for problems related to the colon, rectum, and anus. Colorectal surgeons treat conditions of your gastrointestinal tract.