Sinus Infections Treatment in Chembur, Mumbai
The most common ailment among people is a sinus infection. Sinus is caused by inflammation in the nose tube and is generally referred to as Sinusitis. Sinusitis is usually brought on by an infection, an allergy, or a chemical irritation brought on by medicine. You may need to go to a Sinus Hospital near you when you are exposed to Sinusitis symptoms.
Sinus is like an air pocket located behind your cheekbones (Maxillary Sinus), behind the nose (Sphenoid sinus), between the eyes (Ethmoid Sinus), and lower center of the forehead (Frontal sinus). The lining inside the sinus is responsible for producing mucus (a liquid that helps move germs and prevents them from trapping around the body). Excess mucus can build up in the nasal passages due to inflammation, preventing your sinuses from opening and causing severe headaches and facial symptoms. If you're in a lot of pain, you should see a Sinus specialist in Mumbai.
Types of Sinuses
- Acute Sinusitis: It is a type of sinus that lasts for one to two weeks mostly and for four weeks in the most extreme cases. Acute sinusitis can be caused by a common cold, viral infection, seasonal changing allergies, and everyday dust.
- Subacute Sinusitis: Subacute Sinusitis lasts between four to twelve weeks; severe allergies and bacterial infections can cause it. When you are facing subacute sinusitis, it is advisable to visit a Sinus specialist in Chembur.
- Chronic Sinusitis: Chronic Sinusitis lasts longer than three months, and it could be caused due to persistent allergies, bacterial infections, or any nasal structural problems. If you face such severe symptoms, it is recommended to visit a Sinus hospital in Chembur for consultation.
What are the symptoms of Sinus?
- Running nose
- Blocked nose
- Severe headaches
- Facial pains
- Facial swelling
- High fever
- Constant or frequent coughing
- Sore throat
- Decreasing the level of smell
The symptoms of Acute, Subacute and Chronic Sinusitis are the same; it varies only in duration. If the symptoms of Sinus do not reduce or go away within a week or two, then it is advisable to visit a Sinus doctor in Chembur because there are high chances you may have an infected bacterial sinus.
What things can Trigger Sinus in your body?
- Common cold is the most common symptom causing Sinusitis; if cold is not treated correctly, it may lead to frequent sinus pains.
- Hay fever, commonly known as allergic rhinitis, can also be the cause triggering the sinus. Allergens like dust, pollen allergies causing inflammation in your nose as your nose sensitivity level may get disturbed through such allergies resulting in sinus pains.
- Deviated nasal septum can also lead to sinus pain as the septum that divides your nose is bent towards one side.
- Nasal polyps (usually a non-cancerous growth in the nasal cavity) are caused by the inflammation caused in your nasal passages and lead to sinus pain.;
- Nasal bone growth can also trigger sinus pain in your body.
When to see a doctor to treat your Sinus?
When you face the typical symptoms for more than four weeks, it is advisable to visit the Sinus Hospital Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai. Apart from that, if you face allergies that may lead to inflammation, exposure to fungus, or you have Cystic Fibrosis, then it is advisable to visit a Sinus specialist near Mumbai as such situations can lead to Sinusitis.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How is Sinus diagnosed?
Sinus can be diagnosed based on your symptoms, allergies, and medical history. Suppose your Sinus is more severe and likely to have bacterial exposure. In that case, the Sinus specialist in Mumbai that you are visiting may recommend further testing like CT scan, MRI, Nasal endoscopy, Rhinoscopy, Sinus cultures, sinus x-ray, and skin test to verify your allergies.
What are the treatment options for Sinus?
- Congestion: Nasal congestion is the most common sinus infection. Certain things like humidifiers, Nasal decongestant sprays, and steam inhalation can help treat sinus. However, it is advisable to consult with a Sinus specialist in Mumbai to plan your treatment.
- Antibiotics: When you face a sinus infection caused due to bacterial exposure, your Sinus doctor will advise you to take antibiotics to treat your sinusitis.
- Surgery: When you visit a Sinus specialist, they may recommend surgery if you suffer from chronic sinusitis or a deviated septum. In surgeries, doctors usually remove the excess mucus, blocking the nasal passage, and it is not treatable through any antibiotics.
Request an appointment at Apollo Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai
Call 1860 500 1066 to book an appointment.
Sinus infection lasts a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 4 weeks; when your symptoms exceed the duration even after taking proper medications and measures, it is recommended to go through appropriate testing and visit the Sinus Hospital Apollo Spectra Hospitals Chembur, Mumbai.
No, Sinusitis is non-contagious because of the mucus building up in your sinus.
Yes, breathing through the mouth can be a symptom of sinus because you cannot breathe comfortably through the nose. Such a situation can occur if your nasal passage is blocked partially.
Passive smoking can produce smoke which may trigger your nasal sensitivity level and result in Sinusitis. Exceeding your exposure to Smoking may also result in Chronic Sinusitis.