Ear Infection Treatment in Chembur, Mumbai
An ear infection is most commonly seen in children and youngsters in comparison to adults. In most acute cases, an ear infection is typical, less painful, and can be treated with proper care and procedures taken by the Ear infection hospital in Mumbai. Commonly Ear infection is also known as otitis media.
What is Ear infection?
Ear infections occur due to the bacterial or viral infection in the middle ear, which is a part of the ear behind the eardrums. When inflammation is caused in the middle ear, excess fluid is generated in the inner parts of the ear caused by the infection pressurizing the eardrum and causes you trouble.
What are the types of Ear Infection?
- Acute otitis media (AOM): It is the most common and least serious Ear Infection which stays for a brief duration, often caused by a common cold or allergy.
- Otitis Media with Effusion (OME): It is a condition in which pain occurs in-ear due to the remains of the fluid caused by infection. It can be identified when you pay a visit to the Ear infection doctor near you.
- Chronic otitis media with Effusion: It is a condition in which you may feel frequent inflammation in your ear due to the remains of bacterial or viral infection in the fluid build-up.
What are the symptoms that show that you are facing Ear infection?
- Acute or severe Ear pain
- Feel inflammation inside Ear
- The pressure inside the Ear
- Fussiness in Ear
- Partial or complete hearing loss
- Drainage of fluid from Ear
- Trouble in sleeping
- Loss of balance
- Excessive crying
- Nasal congestion
It is a possibility that the signs are visible in only one ear, but if the pain is severe and it starts showing its effect in both the ears, then it is advisable to visit an Ear infection Hospital in Mumbai.
What causes Ear infection?
An ear infection occurs when there is a blockage in the eustachian tubes, and it may be due to:
- Severe common cold
- Severe or mild allergies
- Excess build-up of mucus leads to blockage of eustachian tubes
- Sinus infections
- Respiratory infection
- Adenoids that can trap bacteria and lead to infection and inflammation in eustachian tubes
When to See a doctor?
When you face symptoms for a longer duration, it is advisable to contact an Ear infection doctor in Chembur. Suppose you are exposed to any of the causes that may lead to an ear infection. In that case, it’s advisable to get an early consultation with the Ear infection specialist to know about the chances of getting an Ear Infection. When you face severe Ear pain and observe blood discharge, you have to immediately consult the Ear infection doctor.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the Tests and Procedures you need to go through to diagnose Ear Infection?
When you visit an Ear infection doctor in Mumbai, they will use an otoscope to identify and test infection. Suppose an Ear Infection specialist diagnoses that the condition is more severe. In that case, they will advise you to perform other tests like Tympanometry, Acoustic Reflectometry, Tympanocentesis, and CT scan for detailed diagnosis.
What are the Treatment options that specialists will opt to treat Ear Infection?
First and foremost, when you visit the Ear Infection Doctor in Chembur, then based on the symptoms, they will provide you with a treatment plan. In some cases, the specialist may advise you to wait and observe till the symptoms disappear. As it is observed that if the symptoms are very mild, then there is a chance that it may disappear on its own without any medications. If symptoms don't fade or you are showing severe symptoms, then in the treatment plan, the following options may be included:
- Antibiotics or Medication: When you display acute symptoms of Ear Infection, the Ear Infection Doctor will provide you with antibiotics to manage your pain and wait for a particular time to observe.
- Treatment through Ear Tubes: When your Ear pain reoccurs, suffering from long-term chronic otitis media and medication is no longer effective; then Your Ear Infection specialist may recommend Myringotomy surgery. A minor surgical procedure with the help of tympanostomy tubes is placed to prevent the build-up of fluids.
Request an appointment at Apollo Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
The most crucial step in identifying and curing Ear Infection is monitoring symptoms that appear, then consulting the Ear infection Doctor near you, and finally observing the effectiveness of medication provided by Ear infection Specialist. With proper care and following the medications, an Ear infection may be cured completely, and delaying the treatment may lead to hearing loss.
Yes, it is essential to track when your Ear pain began and when you started to have severe pain. These things will help the doctor diagnose the type of infection you may have and how frequently the pain is observed.
When you feel swelling or redness behind the ear, have a severe headache, or blood gets discharged through the ears, you must immediately visit the Ear infection Hospital in Chembur.
Yes, when you may feel a frequent ringing sound in your ear, it suggests that your ear canals are blocked due to the build-up of fluid (Ear infection), excessive wax collection, etc. To know the exact cause, you should visit Ear Infection Hospital in Mumbai.