Gynecology is a medical specialty that concentrates on diagnosing, preventing, and treating illnesses and diseases that affect the female reproductive system. Obstetrics is the medical profession that takes care of a woman and her child before, during, and after birth. A gynecologist is a doctor who specializes in the reproductive health of women and identifies and treats problems with the female reproductive system.
What Is Gynecology?
Gynecology is a substantial and diversified branch of medicine that addresses women’s bodies and their reproductive health.
- Gynecology includes the study and medical treatment for,
What Are the Different Types of Gynecologists?
Different doctors specialize in addressing various health concerns. Professionals with knowledge of reproductive health difficulties can assist you in receiving the best medical advice. Here is a list of the many types of gynecologists you can see.
- General Gynecologist is an expert who specializes in diagnosing and treating women’s health issues such as menstruation difficulties and disorders of the reproductive system.
- Obstetrician gynecologist: An OB-GYN is an expert who specializes in pregnancy and childbirth.
- IVF gynecologist: Specialist in IVF. In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a procedure in which they fertilize an embryo in a laboratory before being placed into a woman’s womb.
- Urogynecologist: An expert specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract, urological disorders, and pelvic floor issues.
- Gynecologic Oncologist: Gynecologic Oncologist is an expert in the detection and treatment of malignancies of reproductive organs.
How do Gynecologists Handle Disorders?
A gynecologic disorder is a condition that affects the female reproductive system, abdominal and pelvic organs such as the womb (uterus), ovaries, fallopian tubes, vagina. Conditions listed below are some of the disorder which gynecologists handle widely.
- Irregular bleeding from the vagina
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Uterine fibroids
- Family planning, including contraception, sterilization, menopause issues, and muscles that support the pelvic organs
- Pre-malignant illnesses such as endometrial hyperplasia
- Congenital abnormalities of the female reproductive tract
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases, including abscesses
- Sexuality, including health issues relating to sex
- Vaginal (vaginitis), cervix, and uterine infections (including fungal, bacterial, viral, and protozoal)
What Are the Symptoms of Gynecological Diseases?
Symptoms that might require the need of a specialist include :
- Bleeding between menstrual periods
- Urge to pee frequently and urgently, or a burning feeling while urinating
- Vaginal bleeding that is not usual
- Bleeding following menopause
- Prolonged menstrual cramps
- Itching, burning, swelling, redness, or pain in the vaginal region
- Sores or tumors In the vaginal region
- A sharp increase in vaginal discharge with an unpleasant or odd odor or color
What Are the Types of Surgery Gynecologists Perform?
A gynecologist may conduct various operations, and you can figure out what kind of therapy you need by consulting the best gynecologist in Mumbai.
- A colposcopy is a non-surgical diagnostic technique used to check the cervix, vagina, and vulva with a colposcope.
- Curettage and dilation are techniques in which the doctor removes your uterine lining using suction or a sharp curette (surgical instrument).
- Your gynecologist can use hysteroscopy to identify or treat uterine disorders in a non-surgical manner.
- LEEP Procedure to use the loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) when a PAP smear shows there are abnormal cells on the surface of the cervix.
- Pelvic laparoscopy is a surgical technique that involves the removal of tissue samples and scar tissue. They use it for uterus repair or ovary removal.
- Cervical cryosurgery is a procedure that involves freezing a piece of the cervix.
- Gynecologic Oncologists can conduct cone biopsy, which involves removing precancerous cells found in the cervix after a PAP test.
How Can You Prevent Gynecological Disorders?
- Get a PAP test as part of your yearly gynecological exam, which can help spot the growth of abnormal cells early to detect cervical cancer.
- Practice safe sex to keep HIV, HPV, STDs, gonorrhea, and hazardous UTIs at bay.
- Consume a nutritious diet to maintain healthy body weight and evade constipation, which can relieve period discomfort.
- Keep your pelvic floor strong by doing Kegel exercises.
- Work out for yoga and other physical exercises, which can help to relieve pelvic pain.
- Maintain proper hygienic conditions in your vaginal area.
When to meet a doctor when you suffer from gynecological disorders?
If you have any of the following symptoms more than once, together with a temperature and a headache, we suggest you see your gynecologist right away. We list the symptoms below.
- Pain in the pelvis and abdominal discomfort
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Periods of difficulty OR missed periods
- Unusual discharge or pain in the genital region
- Frequent urination and bowel movement issues
- Bleeding between menstrual cycles
- Vaginal dryness, itching, burning, swelling, redness, or pain in the vaginal region
- Periods that are irregular or occur infrequently
- Feeling extremely dizzy or weak during menstruation
- Heavy, uncomfortable, or long-lasting bleeding
Other common symptoms may occur that depend on the severity of the disease.
- Fever and chills
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea with or without vomiting
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Tardeo, Mumbai,
Call us at 1860-555-1066 to book an appointment.
Gynecology is a diverse and essential specialty of medicine that focuses on women’s bodies and reproductive health. Gynecology is the study and medical treatment of the vaginal uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes.
Gynecologists provide reproductive health treatments such as pelvic examinations, PAP tests, cancer screenings, and vaginal infection diagnosis and treatment. Endometriosis, infertility, ovarian cysts, and pelvic discomfort are all illnesses of the reproductive system they diagnose and treat.
Vulvitis is the inflammation of the vulva or skin folds on the exterior of a female’s genitalia. Vaginitis is an inflammation of the vagina. Cervicitis is an inflammation of the cervix, the lower end of the uterus opening into the vaginal opening.
Ovarian cysts, fibroids, irritable bowel syndrome, pelvic congestion syndrome, urinary tract infections, appendicitis, and inflammatory bowel illnesses such as Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis are some causes of pelvic discomfort.