Sleep Apnea Treatment in Tardeo, Mumbai
Are you having trouble sleeping? Facing issues like loud snoring, fatigue, or disturbed sleep because of breathing problems? Well, then, you’re possibly suffering from sleep apnea.
Sleep apnea is a medical condition in which your breathing stops for a short time while sleeping. The stoppage of breathing may last for a minimum of 10 seconds to a maximum of 30 seconds or even more in severe cases.
About Sleep Apnea
The transient cessation of respiration is a serious sleep disorder characterized by brief interruptions in breathing during sleep, leading to loud snoring habits, extreme fatigue during the day, confusion, and even mental health issues. If you think you have sleep apnea, visit the best sleep apnea hospital near you. It is a severe disorder that needs immediate attention, and it’s wise to consult a sleep apnea doctor near you or a sleep Apnea specialist near you right away.
What Are the Types of Sleep Apnea?
There are three types of sleep apnea mainly:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Complex/ Mixed Sleep Apnea
What Are the Causes of Sleep Apnea?
The causes of sleep apnea depend on the type. Obstructive sleep apnea is caused by airway blockages which happen when soft tissues collapse at the back of the throat. Central sleep apnea occurs when the brain fails to send a respiratory signal to the respiratory muscles due to an unstable respiratory control center in the central nervous system. Complex/mixed sleep apnea occurs in patients having both obstructive as well as central sleep apnea.
What Are the Symptoms of Sleep Apnea?
The most common signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are:
- Loud snoring habits
- Daytime sleepiness
- Sudden awakening with choking
- Fatigue during daytime
- Nocturnal restlessness
- Morning headaches
- Lack of concentration
- Gastroesophageal refluxes
- Non-restorative sleeping patterns
- Sweating, bad dreams, and frequent urination at night
- Dry mouth
- Sexual dysfunction
When Do You Need to See Your Doctor?
Consult your doctor immediately if you start having the symptoms mentioned above. Provide your doctor with a detailed history of your symptoms.
Make an appointment today at Apollo Spectra Hospital, which is the best sleep apnea hospital in Tardeo. Apollo Spectra Hospitals have a team of well-trained sleep apnea specialists in Tardeo. You won’t have to worry about your sleep troubles again!
Request an appointment at Apollo Hospitals, Tardeo, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What Are the Possible Treatments for Sleep Apnea?
The treatment modalities are based on the severity of the sleep apnea disorder.
- Mild sleep apnea cases: The doctor may advise patients with mild sleep apnea symptoms to change their lifestyle for a positive response.
- Weight loss exercises
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Avoid taking sleeping pills
- Quit smoking
- Get your nasal allergies treated
- Moderate to severe cases: Airway maintaining devices or surgery is the treatment option for these patients.
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP): It is a mechanical device in the form of a mask that helps maintain the air pressure while sleeping. This air pressure is greater than that of the surrounding atmosphere, making it easy to keep your upper respiratory tract open, thereby preventing sleep apnea and snoring.
- Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP): This mechanical device automatically adjusts the airway pressure, thereby providing more pressure during inhalation.
- Oral appliances: It is easier to use but is not as effective as the Continuous Positive Airway Pressure device.
- Adaptive servo-ventilation (ASV) device is a newly developed technology that uses computer-generated software to monitor and help the device to maintain positive airway pressure to treat sleep apnea.
- Severe apnea cases: This approach is chosen only when the above therapies fail to maintain the patient’s airway function. The surgical procedure may involve tissue removal or shrinkage, repositioning of the jaw, implant placement, nerve stimulation, or tracheostomy.
Visit Apollo Spectra Hospitals for the best sleep apnea treatment in Tardeo, Mumbai.
Sleep apnea can be a life-threatening condition if it is not diagnosed and treated on time. Apart from self-care and lifestyle changes, you might need medical interventions by sleep apnea doctors and specialists to treat the disorder.
A variety of risk factors may contribute to sleep apnea:
- Male predominance
- Obesity/ overweight
- Nasal obstruction due to deviated nasal septum
- Large tongue/ macroglossia
Your doctor may recommend the following tests to check if you have sleep apnea:
- Sleep Apnea Test (Polysomnogram)
- Nasal airflow sensor test
If left untreated, sleep apnea could cause the following complications:
- Hypertension or increase blood pressure
- Heart diseases
- Type 2 diabetes
- Weight gain
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Psychological disorders