Diabetes Mellitus Treatment in Tardeo, Mumbai
Diabetes is a condition that occurs when the blood sugar (glucose) level of an individual gets dangerously high. It is a prevalent condition but affects people in different ways. Since not all individuals are the same, each needs personal care and constant guidance from a trusted diabetologist (physician expert in diabetes).
If you need to see a diabetologist, search the Internet for ‘a diabetes mellitus hospital near me’ or ‘a diabetes Mellitus specialist near me,’ or simply ‘diabetes Mellitus doctors near me.’ You instantly find a specialist who’s just right for you!
Diabetes Mellitus Care With Apollo
The food you eat releases the energy source in the form of glucose to your blood, which is known as blood sugar. Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas that directs glucose in the blood to our body cells for energy.
When the body suffers from a shortage of insulin, the individual is said to suffer from diabetes. It can be due to a variety of causes and therefore requires different treatments for each individual.
Apollo Spectra Hospitals are known for their varied and extensive range of diabetes mellitus treatments.
Request an appointment at Apollo Hospitals, Tardeo, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment
How Do I Know That I Have Diabetes?
Sometimes, there may be no symptoms at all. It is easier to diagnose diabetes if there are notable symptoms like:
- You find yourself getting up at night to pee
- You are more thirsty these days, unlike before
- You are getting compliments of quick weight loss while you have not even tried.
- You want to eat often.
- Your eyesight is not the same, and your vision appears blurry
- You have a tingling sensation on your finger and toe tips, or you cannot even feel them
- You feel lethargic all the time
- You have recently noticed drying of your skin
- You heal slower than before
- You are getting infectious conditions or diseases quicker than before.
Evaluate yourself with your physician and note the symptoms before consulting a diabetologist.
What Can Cause Diabetes Mellitus in Me?
Diabetes mellitus can be caused by many reasons and can only be avoided with lifestyle changes. Not to forget the genetic causes that increase the risk and demand higher preventive measures.
Some of the common causes of diabetes mellitus are:
- Overweight or being obese
- Unbalanced diet, a diet heavy in junk food
- Very little physical activity
- Infection in the pancreas
- Surgical removal of the pancreas
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome with obesity
- Steroid overuse
- Cushing’s Syndrome
- Diabetes due to pregnancy
When to See a Doctor?
If you find yourself with any of the symptoms or have a family history of diabetes, consulting a physician may be a great idea. If you are elderly and your sibling just got diagnosed with diabetes, it might be good to start getting screened for diabetes yourself every year.
What Treatment Options Are Available?
Following are the treatment options available:
- Eat healthy; a balanced diet with low fat and sugar with high fibre content is always the best diet.
- Exercise regularly, at least three times a week for 45 mins each time, is recommended by doctors worldwide.
- Shed excess fat.
- Regular monitoring of your blood sugar level.
- Your physician will recommend diabetes medication or insulin therapy as needed.
Consult your diabetologist for proper guidance. Apollo Spectra Hospitals will help you treat the condition and maintain a healthy lifestyle with our highly experienced doctors and dietitians. Finding us is easy. Just search for diabetes Mellitus hospitals in Tardeo, and you’ll find us!
A complete cure of the condition is tough, but the good news is that managing the symptoms can be as easy as some lifestyle modifications. Even if you are not diagnosed and are at risk, be sure to get yourself tested right away!
Excess thirst, excess urination, and hunger are some noted symptoms of diabetes. But, you don't need to have these exact symptoms to be at risk.
It can prevent complications due to diabetes, and your blood sugar levels can be close to the normal range, reducing the symptoms.
Home blood sugar tests are usually recommended by physicians, especially if you are borderline diabetic or you are at risk as per your physician.