Endoscopic sinus Treatment & Diagnostics in Tardeo, Mumbai
Endoscopic sinus surgery is performed to retrieve nasal functions.
Generally, people prefer endoscopic sinus surgery when they have chronic sinus issues that cannot be treated by medicine.
You can consult ENT doctors in Mumbai.
What is endoscopic sinus surgery?
Endoscopic sinus is a medical condition in which sinus gets blocked, and a surgeon performs surgery to remove the blockage in nostrils by fiberoptic telescopes.
It becomes more important to perform the surgery when the sinus cannot drain properly because of inflammation. Consequently, nasal discharge builds up, worsening the situation.
You can search online for an ENT specialist near me.
What are the symptoms of sinus infection?
- A stuffy and runny nose that lasts for more than seven days
- Sinus constraints behind cheeks and eyes
- Unbearable headache
- Postnasal drip or thick green and yellow mucus
- Bad breath
- Loss of smell
You can also consult ENT surgeons in Mumbai.
Why is endoscopic sinus surgery performed?
- For treating the symptoms related to sinus.
- For decreasing the seriousness of a sinus infection
- For restoring the sense of smell
- For ensuring airflow by the nose
What are the risks associated with the surgery?
- Recurrence of illness
- Fluid leak in the spine
- Visual blurring
- Facial pain
- Change in the quality of voice
When do you need to see a doctor?
Consult ENT doctors in Mumbai in the following cases:
- Severe pain that painkillers cannot control
- Rising body temperature
- Facial impairment
- Headaches and vision problems that become worse
- Nasal bleeding even after taking medicine
- Vomiting and neck constraint
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Tardeo, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Your ENT surgeon in Mumbai can suggest different sinus surgeries, but if the condition becomes worse, the surgeon recommends endoscopic sinus surgery.
After endoscopic sinus surgery, you can feel pain and pressure for a few days. It feels like a dull ache.
Usually, 80 to 90 percent of endoscopic sinus surgeries are successful.
Recovery time depends on your health condition.