Medical Admission Treatment & Diagnostics in Tardeo, Mumbai
It might have happened with you that after becoming an adult, you might have gone to a hospital to see someone who is admitted there. Or, you might have got admitted for some diagnosis or treatment in General Medicine near me. In either case, did you think about how the patient is admitted into the hospital, what process is followed, and the steps taken after that to start the treatment?
With a growing number of patients and the need to maintain correct records, medical admission into a hospital has become a strict process. Medical admission of a patient in General Medicine in Tardeo hospital follows an established procedure, which involves planned nursing activities. Medically, admission means a patient’s entry into a hospital or a ward for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. Therefore, to help you understand the medical admission process, the following comprehensive guide has been prepared.
What Does Medical Admission Mean?
Whether it is a scheduled admission or for an emergency treatment, medical admission in General Medicine in Tardeo requires a patient to stay in the hospital he is admitted to for observation, investigation, treatment of the disease he is suffering from, and post-treatment care.
Purpose of Medical Admission
- To offer immediate and appropriate care after assessing the patient.
- To provide the utmost safety and comfort level to the patient.
- To welcome the patient in the ward for admission following his health and medical condition.
- To be ready for any type of emergency in the General Medicine hospital near me.
- To help the patient adjust to the hospital environment.
- To collect vital information about the patient to establish a therapeutic patient-nurse relationship.
- To involve the patient and his family in care.
- To construct a proper discharge planning of care.
Types of Medical Admission
- Emergency Admission: Under emergency admission, those patients are admitted to General Medicine hospitals in Tardeo with acute or severe conditions requiring immediate and spontaneous treatment. For example, Patients with poisoning, accidents, burns, and heart attacks.
- Routine Admission: Routine admission involves those patients who are admitted to General Medicine hospitals in Mumbai for a thorough diagnosis or investigation, and planned surgical or medical treatment if required, is given accordingly. For example, patients with diabetes, bronchitis, and hypertension.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Admission Wing
- Collect patient’s complete personal information, i.e., name, age, sexuality, residential address, contact number, etc.
- Prepare his medical record.
- Prepare the patient's identification tag or bracelet related to General Medicine near me.
- Get the consent form signed by the patient.
- Obtain the initial orders.
- Notify the floor ward nurse where the patient’s room is.
Responsibility of the Floor Ward Nurse to Keep the Patient’s Room Prepared
- Keep the patient's admission room ready with proper hygiene, cleanliness, neatness, and all those necessary items required by the patient.
- Get an appropriate bed ready for the patient with sufficient adjusted height in a General Medicine in Tardeo.
Introduction to the Patient
- Greet the patient and warmly welcome him/her and his/her family members.
- Provide the patient with hospital clothes, make him settle down comfortably on the hospital bed, and ensure that adequate privacy is provided to him at a General Medicine in Mumbai.
- Make the patient feel relaxed by easing his/her anxiety or fear through friendly talking.
The nurses must make the patient aware of:
- Where the nurses are stationed.
- Room boundaries.
- Call light.
- Clothes storage.
- Light Switches.
- Bed controls.
- TV controls.
- Telephone policy.
- Visiting Hours.
- Safety measures-side rails.
- Visiting hours of the General Medicine doctors near me.
- Tests scheduled for him/her.
The assigned nurses must gather patient-related information concerning:
- Medical records/orders.
- Lab results.
The patient charting procedure involves:
- Recording patient’s basic information in patients’ record journals.
- Mention the patient’s correct admission date, time, personal details, complaints (if there’s any), mental status, allergies, and things alike.
- Make a patient record in the hospital's admission register, report book, and treatment book.
- Update the ward census and the attending nurse’s notes.
- Seeking patient’s comfort.
- Physical assessment.
- Perform the preliminary admission assessment as prescribed by General Medicine doctors in Tardeo.
- Gather information to feed the database of the hospital.
- Get the Physician’s order for the Lab Tests and medical activity.
- Identifying the data.
- Major medical complaints.
- Present medical history.
- Past medical history.
- Reviewing the whole body.
For newly admitted patients, look for:
- Loss of identity.
- Mental status.
- Increased privacy.
Conducting Admission Assessment Process
Conducting a detailed assessment of the patient’s physical condition is essential to plan his care correctly. If the patient’s physical condition is such that it demands immediate treatment, report the same to a physician and prepare the patient for necessary physical examinations and the treatment after that.
Request an appointment at Apollo Hospitals, Tardeo, Mumbai
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment
Thus, the medical admission of a patient into a hospital is an essential process because it’s like the first information report (FIR), which tells about the patient’s details and his past medical history. And, based on the admission process, the subsequent examination procedures are carried out, making the former step a backbone of the whole treatment and post-op cycle of the patient performed by General Medicine doctors in Mumbai.
Depending on the patient’s condition at the time of medical admission, the probable level of care given is Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Cardiac Care Unit (CCU), Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Telemetry or step-down unit, Surgery floor, Medical floor, Neurological or Neurosurgical Unit, Oncology Unit, Dialysis Unit, and Emergency Department Holding Unit.
The standard tests performed on the patients at the time of their medical admission are blood work, intravenous, X-rays, CT-Scan, MRI, Ultrasound, ECG, Biopsy, and Catheterization.
The patient is admitted immediately, and gathering information and scheduling the necessary diagnosis is done subsequently, which is a few minutes for the hospital staff and nurses.