Corneal Surgery in Tardeo, Mumbai
The cornea is the front surface of the eye. It has the primary function of allowing light to enter our eyes. There can be different medical conditions related to the cornea due to different reasons.
Ophthalmology hospitals in Mumbai offer the best corneal surgery options.
What do we need to know about corneal surgery?
Corneal surgery deals with cornea issues or damages. The cornea is the clear surface of the eye that is essential for good vision. To protect yourself from permanent cornea damage or eye damage, you can seek treatment at any of the ophthalmology hospitals in Mumbai.
What are the types of corneal surgery?
- Surgery for Keratoconus corneal condition
- Surgery for Bullous Keratopathy corneal condition
- Surgery for Corneal Scarring condition
What are the symptoms that show you may need corneal surgery?
Some of these symptoms include:
- Loss of vision
- Red eyes
- Light sensitivity
- Eye pain
What are the causes that lead to corneal surgery?
- Outward bulging cornea or keratoconus: It is a medical condition in which the cornea bulges outwards.
- Fuchs’ dystrophy: It is a hereditary condition in which the cornea swells and thickens. It is due to a buildup of fluids in the clear layer of the cornea.
- Thinning or tearing of cornea: The cornea starts to thin out or get torn apart in this medical condition.
- Infection or injuries: It causes scarring of the cornea that requires immediate medical attention.
- Corneal ulcers: The non-responsive corneal ulcers require medical treatment.
- Complications due to any previous medical surgeries.
When do you need to see a doctor?
If you have any of the conditions mentioned above, consult an eye doctor.
You can book an appointment at the Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Tardeo, Mumbai.
You can call 1860 500 2244to book an appointment.
What are the risk factors in corneal surgery?
Like in any other surgical procedure, the risk factors in corneal surgery include:
- Issues with stitches
- Retinal detachment or swelling or other retinal conditions
- Eye infection
- Increasing pressure inside the eyeball
- Rejection of donor cornea
How do you prepare for corneal surgery?
- Thorough medical examination of the eye:
It is necessary to account for all possible medical conditions before corneal surgery. It includes noting the eye measurements to match the donor cornea size if needed.
- A thorough examination of medical history:
Like any other medical procedure, your ophthalmologist must go through your medical history. You must make them aware of all supplements or medicines you are taking daily.
- Treatment of the eye condition:
Corneal surgery can’t be performed if a patient is suffering from an eye infection or other eye-related ailments. All these conditions reduce the chances of successful corneal surgery.
What are the complications?
These may include:
- Cornea unevenness:
The dips and bumps are observed in the stitches that hold the donor cornea after the surgery. This causes blurriness in vision that may require additional correction surgery.
- Vision problems:
Your eyes may require some time to return to normal vision. The multiple errors that may need medical attention include farsightedness, nearsightedness, etc.
Ophthalmology hospitals in Mumbai offer some of the best corneal surgery options for different medical conditions. You can book an appointment with any of the leading ophthalmologists.
The key benefits of corneal surgery are improved vision and elimination of eye ailments like redness, light sensitivity and eye pain.
There may be different medical conditions that require corneal surgery.
There is a requirement for general medical care after corneal surgery.