Best Back Pain Treatment & Diagnostics in Tardeo, Mumbai
Back pain is one of the most common reasons for immobility worldwide. It could happen due to physical inactivity like in people with desk jobs, an internal or external injury or activities like heavy lifting .
What do we need to know about back pain?
Back pain could be in the lower back or in the upper back.
Lower back pain is caused by problems in the lumbar spine, spinal disc, ligaments around the spine and discs, nerves and spinal cord, lower back muscles and internal organs or the skin around that area.
Problems in the aorta, inflammation in the spine and chest tumor can also cause upper back pain.
To seek treatment, you can visit a pain management hospital near you or you can search online for a pain management doctor near you.
What are the indications of back pain?
- Pain and ache in the muscles in the back, legs or hips
- Swelling and inflammation in the back
- Weight loss
- Urinary incontinence
- Involuntary bowel movement
- Numbness and tingling in the hips, genitals and anus
- Difficulty in bending, lifting, standing and walking
- Burning sensation in the affected area
What are the basic reasons for back pain?
- Strain in muscles or ligaments
- Muscle spasm
- Muscle injury
- Injury in the spinal discs resulting in bulging discs or ruptured discs
- Muscle Fracture
- Sciatica, sharp pain in the hips and legs due to nerve pressure
- Abnormal spine curvature
- Kidney infections
- Bad body postures
- Activities like twisting, coughing or sneezing, overstretching, pushing, pulling, lifting, sitting in one position for a long time, sleeping on unsuitable mattresses, driving continuously for hours, etc.
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Spinal cancer
- Infection in the spinal cord
- Sleep disorders
When do you need to see a doctor?
If back pain persists, immediately consult a doctor.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Tardeo, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How can back pain be treated?
Mild back pain due to strained muscles or heavy exercises can be treated with adequate rest and taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. But severe, persistent back pain requires proper diagnosis and treatments like:
- Physical therapy
- Cortisone injections
- Complementary therapies like chiropractic treatment, acupuncture and yoga
- In extremely rare and severe cases, surgical procedures like diskectomy and partial vertebra removal can be done
Back pain is quite common and can be managed. However, there can be underlying issues which need to be addressed to avoid complications.
Immediately see your doctor if you have persistent and severe back pain, pain in legs and hips, weakness, tingling and numbness in both the legs, weight loss, fever or problem with urination.
Back pain can be prevented by exercising. But consult a doctor first and avoid strenuous exercises. Maintaining a healthy, balanced diet and correct body posture while sitting, standing or doing any other activity are important. Maintain a normal body weight. Build muscle strength and flexibility and do not smoke.
- People above 35
- Pregnant women
- People with unhealthy lifestyles
- Physically inactive people
- Rigorous physical exercise
- Inherited disorders
- Medical disorders like arthritis and cancer
- Psychological problems like depression and anxiety