Best Abnormal Menstruations Treatment & Diagnostics in Tardeo, Mumbai
Abnormal menstruation symptoms vary depending on health conditions and menstrual cycles. If you have abnormal menstruation, you may feel severe pain or cramps and heavy bleeding. Sometimes abnormal menstruation can be overwhelming and you may not be able to manage your mood swings and the pain associated with it.
What do we need to know about abnormal menstruation?
Normally women’s menstrual period lasts between four and seven days and is repeated after 21 to 35 days; if your period lasts for more than seven days and is being repeated within 21 days or is not even repeated after 35 days, then there is a high possibility that you are facing abnormal menstruation. When you experience varying blood flow, like sometimes thicker, sometimes lighter along with excessive bleeding, then it is abnormal menstruation. Irregular or abnormal menstruation is also called oligomenorrhea. Sudden hormonal changes, hormonal imbalance and a sudden change in contraception can trigger it.
To seek treatment, you can search online for a gynecology hospital near me or a gynecology doctor near me.
What are the types of abnormal menstruation?
- Abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB): In such a situation, you may experience heavy blood flow, no blood flow or erratic blood flow.
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS): It is a situation where you may face certain physical or psychological problems. Before the menstrual cycle begins, certain things create various disturbances in the hormones which may lead to abnormal menstruations.
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD): This is a more severe type of pre-menstrual problem that can include depression, anxiety or stress that disturbs your daily life. There can be an increase or decrease in the estrogen and progesterone levels.
- Amenorrhea: It is a condition in which your menstruation cycle stops abnormally.
- Oligomenorrhea: Normally menstrual cycle repeats between 21 and 35 days, but oligomenorrhea is a situation in which you may face an erratic menstrual cycle. Like, your menstrual cycle will take more than 35 days to repeat.
- Polymenorrhea: This is a situation in which you may face a menstrual cycle that is too frequent.
- Dysmenorrhea: This is when you are suffering menstrual cramps after or during the menstrual cycle.
What are the symptoms of abnormal menstruation?
- A menstrual cycle that lasts much longer or gets over earlier than usual
- Sudden changes in the blood flow
- Pale skin
What causes abnormal menstruation?
- Contraceptive pills
- Sudden extreme weight loss or gain
- Sudden changes in the mental condition
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (POS)
- Thyroid disorders
- Fibroids (non-cancerous tumors)
- Endometriosis (tissues that should grow under the uterus grows outside of the uterus)
When do you need to see a doctor?
You need to consult a doctor:
- When you have crossed your puberty and still you are not able to get your menstrual cycle
- When your menstrual cycle lasts for more than 7-8 days
- When you get your periods too frequently
- When you face severe pain and fever and other symptoms
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Tardeo, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the tests for identifying abnormal menstruations?
- Blood test
- Vaginal cultures
- Endometrial biopsy (if needed)
- Pelvic examination
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound
- CT scan
What are the treatments available for abnormal menstruation?
Treatments depend on your health conditions and symptoms. These can include:
- Exercise or psychological therapies are recommended based on the symptoms to control your physical and psychological problems which lead to abnormal menstruation.
- Your doctor may prescribe some medicines to reduce your blood loss and help in balancing the hormones.
- D&C (Dilation & Curettage) procedure or surgery can be recommended to cut down on the menstrual bleeding or remove fibroids.
Abnormal menstruation can make your life a living hell. So, address the underlying causes and seek appropriate treatment.
Yes, it is extremely dangerous. You need to seek a gynecology doctor and take required measures.
Yes, if you had suddenly begun to perform extensive exercise then it could lead to abnormal menstruation.
No, abnormal menstruations don't have any effect on fertility.