Plastic and Cosmetics
Plastic surgery is a procedure used to correct various defects in your body using restoration, reconstruction, and alteration techniques. It can be used for both aesthetic and medical purposes. Plastic surgery is gaining a lot of fame as of late due to its high success rate. To learn more about the various types of plastic surgeries, contact a plastic surgeon in Tardeo.
What is plastic surgery?
Plastic surgery is a group of techniques used to resolve deformities and defects in your body. There are two main types of plastic surgery, namely reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery.
- Reconstructive surgery: Reconstructive surgery is a type of plastic surgery that aims to correct defects and deformities in your body solely to improve its function and relieve you of pain and discomfort.
- Cosmetic surgery: Cosmetic surgery is a type of plastic surgery that aims to correct defects and deformities in your body simply to enhance the appearance of your body.
What are the defects that can be corrected using reconstructive surgery?
The common problems treated using reconstructive plastic surgery are:
- Scars left behind by diseases and their treatments.
- Congenital disabilities
When to consult a doctor
If you have discomfort, pain, or other problems due to a congenital disability, injury, or scar, you can seek medical help to find a solution. Alternatively, if you want to enhance the appearance of your body, you can seek help from the best cosmetologist in Mumbai.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Tardeo, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the standard reconstructive procedures?
Speak to your doctor about your defect and a suitable procedure to solve it. You can consult a reconstructive surgeon from Tardeo to get the right choice for you. Common procedures include:
- Breast conditions: There are two main breast reconstructive surgeries:
- Breast reconstruction: This is typically done after a partial or full mastectomy or an injury to your breasts.
- Breast reduction: This procedure reduces the size of your breasts if they are overlarge. Large breasts may lead to rashes under the breasts and severe back pain.
- Limb surgery: If you are undergoing an amputation of a limb due to an injury, disease, or other reasons, the cavity can be filled in with tissues using reconstructive surgery.
- Facial surgery: Facial surgery includes facial reconstruction (after injuries, scars, and burns), jaw surgery, rhinoplasty, cleft lip repair, etc.
- Hand and feet surgeries: Deformities in your hands and feet can be reconstructed using this type of plastic surgery. Common conditions treated are carpal tunnel syndrome, webbed feet, arthritis, injuries, etc.
What are the common types of cosmetic surgery?
The common types of cosmetic surgery are as follows:
- Breast augmentation and lifts: Breast augmentation is a procedure that involves changing the size and shape of your breasts for cosmetic purposes. Usually, the size of your breasts is increased using implants. In breast lifts, saggy breasts are lifted.
- Dermabrasion: This is a sanding procedure where the outer layer of your skin is scraped off and is replaced with new cells that your body generates. You will have smoother-looking skin at the end of this procedure. Dermabrasion is usually used to treat acne scars, lesions, and sun-damaged skin.
- Facelift: A facelift is done to repair sagging, loose and wrinkled skin on your face. Neck lifts usually accompany it.
- Rhinoplasty: Reshaping the nose with plastic surgery is known as rhinoplasty. This can help change the shape and size of your nose according to your desire.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a procedure in which fat deposits are removed from your body. It can help you lose fat quickly and is done on your face, arms, thighs, hips, and buttocks.
You can avail reconstructive or cosmetic surgery services at any plastic surgery hospital in Mumbai. Read up on your condition and get multiple opinions before you decide to proceed. Preparing ahead of time can help you receive the best results.
The process of recovery from plastic surgery varies from person to person and procedure to procedure. Usually, your surgeon will give you painkillers to help with pain and discomfort. Some procedures, such as liposuction, breast augmentation, abdominoplasty, etc., cause more discomfort than other procedures.
Botox usually lasts for four months, after which it starts losing its effects. You may notice increased muscle action and the recurrence of wrinkles and fine lines. You can repeat the process to eliminate these changes as needed.
While the nose plays a huge role in how a person sounds, changes in their voice rarely occur after rhinoplasty. However, if you are a singer, voice actor, etc., you should share your concerns with your surgeon before the procedure.