Sinus Infections Treatment in Tardeo, Mumbai
The sinuses are the cavity around the nasal passages. They are a set of hollow cavities in the skull.
Sinus conditions can affect people when their nasal cavities become infected or swollen. They can be caused by viruses as well. In some cases, bacteria and fungus can also be causes of sinus conditions.
Sinus conditions can affect anyone and can be chronic or short. Some common disorders caused by faulty sinuses are a deviated septum, sinus infection, and chronic sinusitis.
Types of Sinus Conditions
Here are a few common sinus conditions:
Deviated Septum: In this, the septum that separates the two nasal passages is inclined towards one of the passages. It blocks the airflow in the nostrils.
Acute Sinusitis or Sinus Infection: It lasts for a short time. It causes inflammation in the sinus, making it difficult to breathe.
Chronic Sinusitis: It is the same as acute sinusitis. But this condition lasts for a longer time, usually more than three months.
Symptoms of Sinus Conditions
If you experience problems in your sinus, you may witness the following symptoms:
- Thick, discolored discharge from the nose
- Nasal obstruction
- Pain and tenderness around the eyes, cheeks, and nose
- Sense of smell decreases
- Ear pain
- Sore throat
- Facial pain
- Noisy breathing during sleep
Causes of Sinus Conditions
Some common causes of sinus conditions are as following:
- Deviated Septum: In some cases, it is present from birth. In others, it can be because of an injury to the nose.
- Acute Sinusitis: Acute sinusitis can occur because of the common cold, which is a viral infection. It can also be a result of bacterial infection.
- Chronic Sinusitis: A deviated septum or the presence of nasal polyps may cause chronic sinusitis. Respiratory tract infections and hay fever are other contributing factors.
When to See a Doctor
If you notice any of the following symptoms, you may have a sinus condition and should consider talking to your doctor.
- Frequent nosebleeds
- Blocked nostrils
- Symptoms of sinus that lasts for more than a week
- Recurring symptoms of sinus even after treatment
- Stiff neck
- Severe headache
Request an appointment at Apollo Hospitals, Tardeo, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment
What Are Some Risk Factors That Contribute to Sinus Conditions?
The following factors can increase the probability of having sinus conditions:
- Deviated septum: Sports activities that can potentially harm your nose pose a significant risk. Driving a bike without helmets can also be risky.
- Sinusitis: Asthma, a deviated septum, hay fever, medical conditions, exposure to smoke, and other pollutants- all of these can be risk factors.
How Can You Prevent Sinus Conditions?
There are a few things that can help prevent sinus conditions. They are as follows:
- Deviated septum: Try to wear protective wear while playing sports. If you ride a bike, do wear a helmet.
- Sinusitis: Try to stay away from people who have a cold and try to wash your hands frequently.
Try staying away from tobacco smoke and other such pollutants as they can infect the lungs and nasal passage. If the air indoors is too dry, you may consider using a humidifier. But be sure to clean it so that it is free from mold.
Treatment Options for Sinus Conditions
There are several treatment options for sinus conditions. These are as follows:
- Deviated Septum: Some medications can help control symptoms like decongestants, antihistamines, and nasal corticosteroid sprays. Apart from this, surgical methods like septoplasty can help as well. In this, the doctor straightens the deviated septum. Reshaping or resizing your nose may also help.
- Sinusitis: Nasal sprays can help with sinusitis. They help wash away allergies, prevent inflammation and unclog the nose. Doctors may suggest them as a relief measure against severe sinusitis attacks.
Doctors can also suggest antibiotics and surgery in some cases of chronic sinusitis. During surgery, a thin tube is used to explore the nasal cavity and clear out tissues.
Sinus conditions can have a lot of symptoms that affect other parts like the ears and face. So it is essential to recognize the signs and tell your doctor about every one of them.
With treatment and proper care, you are sure to improve in no time.
It is pretty ordinary, and most people suffer from it.
Young children, as opposed to adults, are more prone to sinus conditions.
When there is a sudden change in the climate, the sinuses can swell, giving rise to a runny and clogged nose.