Dermatologist in Mumbai
The skin is not only the largest and the most sensitive organ of the human body but also the most endangered one. Being exposed to different climatic conditions, the sun’s rays, UV rays and also being subjected to external environmental factors like pollution and harsh weather, and also the consistent use of beauty products, the skin is prone to become dull and lifeless.
Have you ever visited a dermatologist as you would consult your general physician? With all our busy schedules, that would be the last on our priority list, but, there are several reasons why we should.
A dermatologist is a doctor who specialises in skin care and also deals with nails, hair and its diseases, including certain cosmetic problems.
- Moles– To examine the moles on our body to eliminate cancerous ones- Moles are nothing but a concentration of melanin pigments found accumulated beneath the skin. They may occur on any part of the body and may be found flat or raised. It is very essential to have your moles examined regularly if there is any noticeable change in their size, shape or colour as they are commonly associated with skin cancer. Cancerous moles may cause itching, bleeding, pain or scabbing.
- Acne– Acne is the most common skin condition which causes various blemishes on the face. They include an assortment of scars like whiteheads, blackheads, pimples and deep cysts often formed due to excess of sebum produced by the oil glands in the skin and usually appear on the face and neck. Acne isn’t life-threatening, but it can definitely be an eyesore. It can also leave everlasting scars without proper treatment. Creams and gels, oral medication, chemical peels and laser therapy are some of the methods advocated for acne treatment.
- Psoriasis– Psoriasis is a condition which causes skin cells to form too quickly and then they pile up on the surface of the skin. These patches called plaques are found to be thick and red can be itchy or painful. They usually appear on the elbows, knees, legs, face and scalp. They are also found on the bottom of the feet and can show up on the fingernails, genitals or inside the mouth, but this is less common. Dermatologists can diagnose psoriasis by examining a skin sample. Treatment includes oral medication to suppress the overactive immune system and creams to help soothe the skin and help it heal.
- Eczema– Eczema is a medical condition where patches of skin become rugged and inflamed with blisters causing itching and bleeding. The most common type of eczema is atopic dermatitis affecting babies and children. A rash with fluid oozing develops on their cheeks and other parts of their body. Dermatologists can diagnose eczema with certain tests and a skin examination. Creams, lotions and other medicines can ease the condition. Proper skin care is very vital.
- Loss of hair– Hair loss is the most common problem faced by one and all. It can be the result of external factors like water, climate, pollution or intrinsic factors like your diet, hormonal changes, deficiency or any other medical conditions. However, bald patches or thinning hair could be signs of a problem. Dermatologists may suggest blood tests or examination of a sample of tissue from the scalp to determine the underlying issue. Treatment includes medications, laser and surgical procedures among other options to restore hair growth.
- Treat skin infections– Skin infections can be caused by yeast, fungus, viruses or bacteria and have to be treated by a qualified dermatologist. Athlete’s foot, herpes, warts and cellulitis can become grave if proper medications are not administered. Parasites, like lice and mites, can also cause contagious, itchy skin conditions. A dermatologist can diagnose the source of the infection and determine how best to treat it.
- Cosmetic purpose– As the skin ages, you may notice wrinkles, dryness or discolorations. This is predominantly caused by the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. Apart from sunscreens and lotions, if the damage is severe, a dermatologist may suggest treatments to help smooth wrinkles and tighten the skin, if you are young. Treatments like chemical peels, laser therapy, Botox injections, and wrinkle fillers help give the skin a more youthful look include and are suggested by dermatologists to improve the skin texture and colour.
Most of the symptoms begin superficially with the skin and early detection is extremely important and potentially lifesaving. We can also age gracefully with proper guidance from a good dermatologist in Mumbai.
The eyes may be the windows to our souls but it is our skin that shows how we are. Our health can be determined easily by an experienced dermatologist by just having a look at its texture and pigments. It is a sin to neglect the largest organ of our body which not only adds beauty to us but also give us our protection.
So book your appointment with Apollo Spectra Hospitals dermatologist in Mumbai.