Proctologist in Mumbai
A proctologist is a medical professional who treats the disorders of rectum, colon, and anus. They take a complete medical history of the patient and use different techniques and instruments for the proper diagnosis of the disease related to the colon and rectum. If you are also looking for a proctologist in Mumbai, you should visit Apollo Spectra. We have well qualified and experienced proctologists in our team who cater to the specific needs of the patients and provide a comprehensive treatment plan to every patient depending on his symptoms.
- Severe constipation
- Cancer of the colon
- Fecal inconsistency
- Birth defects in children such as an imperforate anus
- Infection and swelling of the anus and rectum
- Cancer of the rectum
- Fissures, fistulas, and hemorrhoids
- Rectal prolapsed
- Colic disorders in the people suffering from Crohn’s disease
- Repositioning the rectal areas
- A proctologist should be able to make a confirmed diagnosis of the disease.
- A proctologist will use various tools and techniques for the diagnosis of the disease. He should be able to make use of the proper tools when required. He should look for the symptoms of pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- The proctologist will perform tests like colonoscopy, and biopsy for a proper diagnosis of the disease and plan a suitable line of treatment for the patient.
- He will also suggest the important dietary changes to the patient for a quick recovery.
- He will prescribe the correct medicines to the patient and will perform a surgery if needed.
Anoscope: It is a metal or plastic tube that is 4-6 inches long. It is used to inspect the inside of the anus. It is used for the detection of hemorrhoids, anal fissures, and rectal polyps.
Rectoscope: It is a metal or plastic tube that is 8-10 inches long. It is used for the examination of the lower part of the sigmoid colon.
Proctoscope: It is a metal or plastic tube that is 6-8 inches long and is used to inspect the upper part of the anal canal.
Sigmoidoscope: It is a short, thin, and flexible tube. It is used for inspecting the lower third part of the colon and rectum for the presence of polyps or signs of cancer.
Colonoscope: It is similar to the sigmoidoscope, but it is longer. It helps to inspect the entire colon. It can be used for collecting the tissue for biopsy and removing the polyps.
- If you feel an external anal lump which is most likely due to hemorrhoid.
- Any foul discharge from the anus
- Any swelling or pain on the buttocks which may occur due to an abscess
- Bleeding from the rectum
- Difficulty in passing a stool
- If you have had polyps in the past and need a routine check-up
- If you are 50 years of age or above
- If you have a strong family history of hemorrhoids, polyps or colon cancer.
- If you have to go to the washroom immediately after eating food or you experience severe colic in the abdomen after eating food.