Gall Bladder Stone Treatment & Diagnostics in Chembur, Mumbai
Gall Bladder Stone
The gallbladder is a small organ in the shape of a pear that is located just below the liver on the right side of your abdomen. When digestive fluids harden in the gallbladder, they form gallstones. Gall bladder stones can vary in size and number and can grow to the size of a golf ball if left untreated.
What Symptoms Should I Look Out for?
Usually, gallstones show no signs and symptoms unless a stone gets stuck in a duct and blocks the passage. In such a situation, gall bladder stone may result in the following symptoms:
- Sudden and intense pain in the right side of your abdomen.
- Sudden pain in your right shoulder.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Sudden and intense pain in the center of the abdomen, below your breastbone.
- Digestive problems such as heartburn, gas, or indigestion.
- An upset stomach.
The symptoms of serious infection may include:
- Fever and chills.
- A persistent upper abdominal pain.
- Light-colored bowel.
- Dark-colored urine.
- Yellowish skin or eyes, indicating jaundice.
If you notice any of the above symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor and look for the best gallbladder surgeon near you.
What Causes Gall Bladder Stones?
Although doctors are not sure about the exact causes of gall bladder stones, the following factors might cause them:
- Excessive cholesterol in your bile: Bile is needed by your body for proper digestion. Moreover, bile dissolves cholesterol. When bile is ineffective in dissolving cholesterol, the excess cholesterol might form gall bladder stones.
- Excessive bilirubin in your bile: When the liver produces excessive bilirubin because of blood disorders, cirrhosis, or infections, it might lead to the formation of gall bladder stones.
- Gall bladder doesn’t empty: When your gall bladder doesn't empty, the excessive bile leads to the formation of gall bladder stones.
When Should You Consult A Doctor?
You should seek advice in a hospital offering the best gallbladder surgery near you if you experience any of the symptoms of gall bladder stone. You should seek immediate medical attention if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 1066 to book an appointment.
Am I at Risk of Gall Bladder Stones?
The factors that might increase your risk of gallbladder stones include:
- You are 40 years old and above.
- You are female.
- You are leading an inactive life.
- Your diet high in fat or low in fibers.
- You are diabetic.
- You had gall bladder stones in your family in the past.
- You have any liver disease.
What is the Treatment for Gall Bladder Stones?
Many people who don’t have symptoms of gall bladder stones might not need treatment. if you show symptoms, your doctor will conduct different diagnostic tests like an abdominal ultrasound, endoscopic ultrasound, etc. to determine if you have gall bladder stones. Your doctor will decide your line of treatment based upon the results of the various imaging and blood tests. Treatment options that your doctor might consider are:
- Surgery (Cholecystectomy): If gall bladder stones keep recurring, your doctor might suggest gallbladder surgery in Mumbai or any other part of the country.
You can choose the best hospital offering gall bladder stone surgery. When your gallbladder will be removed, the bile will flow directly to your liver instead of storing in your gallbladder. Removal of the gallbladder doesn’t affect digestion in any way. You might temporarily suffer from diarrhea but that too shall go away.
- Medicines: Your doctor might also prescribe medicines to be taken orally to dissolve your gall bladder stones. But medicines take months or even years to dissolve gallbladder stones. There are even chances that your gall bladder stones might reappear. Therefore, doctors who conduct gallbladder surgery in Mumbai, prefer surgery over medicines.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Gall bladder stones may have several complications such as bloating, chest pain, or abdominal pain. Therefore, it is best to consult your doctor whenever you notice any of the symptoms. Gall bladder stones can be cured through surgery or medication and therefore there is nothing to panic about.
Gall bladder stones can be dissolved through medicines, but they can recur. Therefore, surgery is the best treatment option.
Fried foods, whole milk dairy products, and highly processed foods are bad for gall bladder stones.
Broccoli, oranges, and bell pepper are good for gall bladder stones.