Spine Specialist in Chennai
Spine specialist is a medical professional whose main focus is to treat various spinal disorders. Today, back pain is one of the most common complaints among people. It can be a very frustrating disorder and can interfere with your normal life. Therefore, if you are suffering from back pain or any other spinal condition, visit our Spine Specialist in Chennai today.
When a nerve in the spine becomes pinched, it is known as radiculopathy. When the changes start in the bones around it and the cartilage, because of overuse or due to an injury, it leads to the pressure on the nerve root. However, when the nerve roots become compressed, they cause inflammation. This leads to weakness, pain, and numbness. When this condition is treated on time, it can reduce the symptoms and manage the condition.
There are three types of radiculopathy;
- Cervical radiculopathy – here, the pressure occurs on the nerve roots present in the neck. This can lead to weakness, burning or tingling, and/or no sensation in your shoulder, arm, hand, or even finger.
- Thoracic radiculopathy – here, the nerve present in the upper back portion of your spine, becomes pinched. It leads to chest pain and pain in the torso. This condition can sometimes be mistaken for shingles.
- Lumbar radiculopathy – here, the pressure is excreted on the nerve roots present in the lower back. It can lead to hip pain, sciatica, and even severe leg pain. In some cases, patients experience sexual dysfunction, paralysis, and incontinence.
The symptoms of this disorder include;
- Sharp pain, which can become worse with mobility
- Extreme pain
- Weakness and tingling
- Loss of sensation or notable changes
- Loss of reflexes
An unnecessary growth, which develops in the spinal canal or on the bones is known as a spinal tumour. A spinal cord tumour is also known as an intradural tumour. This tumour begins inside the spinal cord or at the covering of the spinal cord. Vertebrae a tumour affects the bones of the spine. Spinal tumours are categorized according to their location. The main types of spinal cord tumours are;
An intramedullary tumour It generates within the cells inside the spinal cord itself.
An extramedullary tumour This tumour grows within the membranes that surround the spinal cord or the nerve roots that exit the spinal cord.
- It doesn’t start at the spinal cord but can affect the functioning due to the spinal cord compression.
- The symptoms of the spinal cord are;
- You may feel pain at the location of the tumour growth
- Back pain, which can spread to the other parts of the body
- You may become sensitive towards heat, cold or even pain
- Loss of bowel or bladder function
- Walking difficulty, which can cause falls
- At night, the back pain may become worse
- You may lose sensation, or the muscles may become weak, mainly in arms and legs
- The muscle may become weak in other parts of the body
It is a rare condition where; the cysts grow in the spinal cord. In time, it can cause damage to the spinal cord. People suffering from this disorder are unable to feel cold or even pain. With treatment, the pressure exerted on the spinal cord becomes less. The cause of this disorder are; trauma, meningitis, hemorrhage, tumor, and arachnoiditis.
The symptoms include;
- Progressive weakness, which occurs at the back, shoulders, arms, and even legs
- Inability to experience heat or cold
- Losing sensation
- Unable to walk easily
- Problems with bowel and bladder function
- Facial pain
- Curved spine
It is the inflammation of the joints. It can occur in more than one joint. There are almost more than a hundred types of arthritis. The most common symptoms of this disorder include; joint pain, stiffness, and swelling. It may also affect your mobility and cause redness around the skin. Usually, the symptoms become worse in the morning. During the treatment, your doctor will make sure that the symptoms get reduced, provide relief from pain, and prevent any further damage to the joints. The main causes of this condition are; overuse, reduction in the cartilage tissue, etc.
At Apollo Spectra, you will find the best spine specialist in Chennai. With a top-notch knowledge of the spinal system, our specialist offers the right diagnosis and provide the correct treatment. They have a vast experience serving as a spinal specialist and have a thorough knowledge. They are also involved in various research in order to bring the best technology to help the patients and make the treatments even better. So, if you suspect any spinal disorder, don’t hesitate to book your consultation today.