Ileal Transposition Surgery in Alwarpet, Chennai
Ileal transposition surgery decreases fat mass and improves glucose metabolism in a diabetic patient. The surgery facilitates glucose and lipid metabolism in the body. This surgical method helps control the level of blood sugar in patients suffering from type 2 diabetes.
What is ileal transposition?
Ileal transposition surgery is a powerful method of surgery for a diabetic patient. It helps improve glucose, lipid metabolism and fibroblast growth factor 21 (FGF21) in the body. FGF21 is a metabolic regulator of the body. Within six months, this surgery can lead to positive results:
- The surgery increases the secretion of the gastrointestinal hormone, GLP-1, in the body.
- Also, it increases the secretion of insulin and stimulates the beta cells present in the pancreas. The pancreas produces insulin.
- The surgery is performed in many countries abroad and is considered very effective.
To avail of this procedure, consult a bariatric surgeon near you or visit a bariatric hospital near you.
Who qualifies for the procedure?
Patients have to take some tests and undergo various investigations to ensure that they are fit for the surgery. Some of the tests include blood count, lipid profile, liver functions test, X-ray of the chest, electrocardiogram and ultrasound of the whole abdomen.
- A person of average weight, who has been suffering from type 2 diabetes for over three years and has not responded well to the medications, can undergo this surgery.
- he patient should be ideally less than 65 years of age.
- Patients who have uncontrolled sugar or high genetic predisposition to sugar can opt for this.
- Patients who have complications in other organs like kidneys, eyes or heart can undergo this surgery.
Why is the procedure conducted?
Type 2 diabetics are rapidly growing in number across the country. Type 2 diabetes occurs when the pancreas fails to produce an adequate quantity of insulin to regulate the sugar level in the blood. Most of the surgeries for diabetic patients are unsuccessful because of some reason or the other. But, Ileal transposition surgery is considered the best and most effective surgery for type 2 diabetic patients. In recent years, physicians are increasingly recommending this metabolic surgery for normal-weight, diabetic people.
When do you need to see a doctor?
Consult your doctor or visit a nearby hospital If you notice any of the conditions mentioned above.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Alwarpet, Chennai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
The surgery is effective only for people suffering from type 2 diabetes. Consult a bariatric surgeon in Alwarpet to know if you qualify for this surgery.
The cost of this surgery in India is almost 20% less than that in other countries.
Type 2 diabetics should consider this surgery.
Ileal transposition surgery has no risks as such.