TLH Surgery in Alwarpet, Chennai
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy is in short called TLH surgery, which involves the permanent removal of the uterus and the cervix of a woman from her body. Nowadays, this surgery is quite common among adult women. It is different from normal surgeries because a tiny incision is made to perform this surgery. Thus, the pain is expected to be less from TLH surgery treatment in Chennai. Recovery period is also shorter for patients.
What do we need to know about TLH surgery?
First of all, a patient is administered general anesthesia, to make her unconscious during the surgery. A tiny incision is made below her navel and the abdominal cavity is filled with carbon dioxide gas to enlarge the space within. Then a small telescope called a laparoscope is inserted into the abdomen to allow the doctor to have a clear view of the pelvis region and the lower abdomen of the patient.
A few more incisions are made around the first one to insert the essential surgical tools, and to cut off the uterus and the cervix. The ligaments and blood vessels supporting these organs are detached. A small incision is made on the vaginal wall to remove the uterus and the cervix out of the body.
The uterus can be cut into small pieces with the help of a tool called a Morcellator, to bring it out easily. The ovaries and Fallopian tubes may or may not be removed, depending on the conditions of those organs. All the incisions are then closed with dissolvable sutures and dressed carefully, for which you need to visit a TLH surgery specialist in Alwarpet.
Who qualifies for the TLH surgery? When do you need to see a doctor?
If you experience a heavy menstrual flow or abnormal uterine bleeding caused by fibroids very frequently, you need to see a doctor immediately. If you have neglected the treatment of inflammation in your pelvic region or uterine fibroids for too long, you may need TLH surgery for relief from continuous pelvic pain. If your uterus has prolapsed or slid out of place, it should be removed quickly. The detection of cancer in the uterus, cervix or ovaries can lead to TLH surgery treatment in Alwarpet
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Mumbai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Why is TLH surgery conducted?
- TLH surgery is needed to cure heavy uterine bleeding caused by fibroids or non-cancerous tumors in the uterus.
- The detection of cancer or precancerous symptoms in the uterus or adjacent organs may call for treatment by expert TLH surgery doctors in Chennai
- Abnormal growth of uterine tissues outside the uterus or within the uterine walls can lead to the total removal of the uterus through this surgery.
- If the uterus drops down into the vagina due to weakened muscles and ligaments, the removal of the uterus through TLH is the only solution.
What are the risks of undergoing TLH surgery?
- Problems due to overdose of anesthesia
- Excessive bleeding during the TLH surgery or after it
- Accidental damage to the urinary bladder or other abdominal organs during the surgery
- Infection that may spread to other internal parts
- Fever and nausea after the surgery
- Severe pain caused by the damage of vaginal sutures
- Formation of blood clots in the lower legs or lung veins
You cannot be pregnant after TLH surgery and thus, there is no need for taking birth control measures anymore. Since TLH surgery needs tiny incisions, you will recover very quickly.
Usually, TLH surgery doctors in Mumbai take 1–2 hours to complete the surgery successfully. It takes much less time than the usual hysterectomy or other major surgeries.
Normally, patients are discharged on the same day after TLH surgery is done. However, you may need to stay at a TLH surgery hospital in Mumbai for a night, just for observation, if you have other health issues.
All medications should be taken according to the prescription of your doctor. You need to clear your bowel before the surgery, for which you may be given a light laxative. Usually, a liquid diet is recommended for 24 hours before the surgery, comprising soups, fruit juices and health drinks. Smoking is strictly prohibited before this surgery.