Myomectomy for Fibroids Surgery in Alwarpet, Chennai
Uterine fibroids are common in women of childbearing age. These fibroids occur due to multiple reasons and are usually harmless in the majority of cases. But they need to be removed surgically in more than 50% of women. Myomectomy hospitals in Chennai offer the best treatment for all types of uterine fibroids.
What do we need to know about myomectomy?
Myomectomy is a surgical procedure that removes leiomyomas or uterine fibroids. Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous growths in the uterus that need to be removed. Doctors remove the symptom-causing fibroids and reconstruct the uterus. Myomectomy hospitals in Chennai can help you know more about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of uterine fibroids.
What are the types of myomectomy?
Myomectomy can be of three different types based on the size and location of uterine fibroids:
- Abdominal Myomectomy: In this procedure, a surgeon makes abdominal incisions to access the uterus and remove the fibroids out of it. It may include small “bikini-line” incisions or large incisions depending on fibroid size.
- Laparoscopic or Robotic Myomectomy: Laparoscopic myomectomy is conducted with the help of a laparoscope and small incisions. Robotic myomectomy is used to control the instruments after inserting the laparoscope. Both require small incisions in the abdominal wall only.
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy: This type of myomectomy is used to treat small uterine fibroids. It doesn’t require external incisions, and uterine fibroids are accessed through the cervix and the vagina only.
What are the symptoms that indicate you may require myomectomy?
Multiple symptoms indicate that you may need to contact a myomectomy specialist in Chennai. Some of these symptoms include:
- Detection of large or multiple uterine fibroids
- Interference of uterine fibroids in fertility
- Other uterine fibroid symptoms that are hampering a normal lifestyle
Which conditions lead to myomectomy?
A large number of fibroids are the top reason why you may have to go through this operation. It helps remove benign growths from the uterine wall and is responsible for eliminating reproductive health issues.
Excessive bleeding, pain in the lower back, bloating, irregular periods, etc., indicate uterine fibroids, one of the main reasons for conducting myomectomy. Further, if any woman wants to keep her uterus but wants to get rid of the fibroids may go for myomectomy.
When do you need to see a doctor?
If you have a uterine fibroid or multiple fibroids that require surgery, it is best to go to myomectomy doctors near you.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Alwarpet, Chennai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risk factors?
- Excessive blood loss
- Adhesions or band of scar tissues
- Complications in pregnancy or childbirth
- Rare chances of spreading cancerous tumors or removing the entire uterus
How do you prepare for myomectomy?
Myomectomy specialists in Chennai prepare you for the treatment in the following way:
You have to stop eating or drinking a few hours before myomectomy.
- Anesthesia clearance:
Any myomectomy hospital in Chennai will conduct different tests to give you an anesthesia clearance as you’ve to be administered anesthesia during myomectomy.
- You may require a friend or a relative to accompany you on the day of myomectomy.
What are the complications?
The complications include:
- Severe pain or heavy bleeding
- Internal injuries
What are the treatment options?
Myomectomy can remove uterine fibroids. However, in case you’ve recurring uterine fibroids, you can go for uterine artery embolization (UAE), radiofrequency volumetric thermal ablation (RVTA) and MRI-guided focused ultrasound surgery (MRgFUS).
Myomectomy is an effective solution for uterine fibroids. Different types of myomectomy depend on the size and location of the fibroids in your body.
You must avoid activities like jogging and lifting heavy objects for at least 4-6 weeks after myomectomy.
In the majority of cases, the patient is kept under general anesthesia during myomectomy.
Myomectomy is a single-day procedure - you can go home on the same evening or the next morning.