Fibroids Treatment & Diagnosis in Alwarpet, Chennai
The human reproductive system is a complex machinery. The uterus plays an essential role in the female reproductive system that carries the baby throughout pregnancy. Thus, any medical issues in the uterus directly affect the fertility levels of a woman. One such issue is the presence of fibroids that are non-cancerous growths in the uterus. Gynecology hospitals in Chennai offer the best treatment for all types of gynecological fibroids.
What are fibroids?
A fibroid is a benign tumor that develops in the uterus. It occurs in almost 50% of women by the age of 50 years. Large fibroids may need surgery as they start hampering fertility in women. Gynecology hospitals in Chennai can help you know more about the best diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of fibroids.
What are the types of fibroids?
Subserosal fibroids: Subserosal fibroids are the most common types of fibroids. They push outside of the uterus into the pelvis. These fibroids grow large. They may sometimes have a stalk attached to the uterus.
Intramural fibroids: These fibroids develop in the muscular wall of the uterus.
Submucosal fibroids: These fibroids may grow in the open space inside the uterus, and many include a stalk. These are highly uncommon fibroids.
What are the fibroid symptoms?
- Bleeding between periods
- Frequent urination
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Problems in getting pregnant
- Heavy or prolonged periods
- Pelvic pain
- Unnecessary pelvic pressure
- Pain in the lower back
- Chronic vaginal discharge
- A feeling of fullness or bloating
What causes fibroids?
- Hormones: The hormones responsible for the regeneration of the uterus lining, i.e. estrogen and progesterone, are produced by the ovaries. These hormones may boost the growth of fibroids.
- Family history: Fibroids run in families with extended history. Thus, you must stay alert if your mother or grandmother had the same condition.
- Pregnancy: The production of estrogen and progesterone is increased during pregnancy. Thus, there are significant chances of developing fibroids during pregnancy.
When do you need to see a doctor?
If you have a fibroid, go to gynecology doctors near you.
Request an appointment at the Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Alwarpet, Chennai.
You can call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risk factors?
- Fibroids can shrink or grow over time. This shift in size is linked to the number of hormones in the body.
- You may require detailed medications before planning pregnancy in case you already have a fibroid.
- Gynecology fibroids can trigger anemia as these fibroids cause heavy periods that lead to excessive loss of blood.
How do you prepare for fibroid treatment?
Gynecology specialists in Chennai prepare you for the treatment of gynecology fibroid in the following manner:
An ultrasound, CT scan or MRI is taken to know the details about the size and growth of any gynecology fibroid.
- A thorough examination of previous medical records:
Any gynecology hospital in Chennai will go through your previous medical records before treating fibroids.
What are the complications?
- Severe pain or heavy bleeding that may require emergency surgery
- Twisting of the fibroid that blocks blood vessels and requires immediate surgery
- Urinary tract infections
How are fibroids prevented?
Having a healthy lifestyle, maintaining your body weight and eating nutritious food are the best ways to prevent different kinds of fibroids.
How are fibroids treated?
Depending on the size of a fibroid, your doctor may recommend different medications or minimally invasive fibroid surgery for treating gynecology fibroids.
Fibroids are common nowadays. It occurs mainly due to a hormonal imbalance during fertile or non-fertile years. Thus, you must never ignore fibroids.
Different imaging tests like ultrasound, CT scan and pelvic MRI can detect fibroids.
The treatment of gynecology fibroids depends on their type and size.
Yes, large fibroids can cause severe pain.