Best Back Pain Treatment in Alwarpet, Chennai
Back pain is a common condition experienced by several people. It is an uncomfortable and debilitating condition that requires medical treatment. Visit the best orthopedic surgeon in Chennai to know more about this condition.
What are the symptoms that may accompany back pain?
Back pain may originate as a muscle pain but can radiate down towards your leg or spread across the spine. Other symptoms that may be experienced with a muscle ache in the back are:
- Shooting or stabbing sensation in the spine
- Inability to bend or twist your back
- Inability to sit without support or in an upright position
- Inability to lift or carry anything heavy
- Severe pain in the legs or pelvic muscles
If you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, consult the best orthopedic surgeons in Alwarpet for immediate treatment.
What are the causes of back pain?
Back pain generally starts developing as you get older. However, sometimes the back pain may be due to a trauma or an underlying medical condition. Some of the common causes of back pain include:
- Strain in the muscles or ligament: Lifting heavy things or a sudden movement may strain your back muscles or ligaments. Especially if you're not in a proper physical condition, a strain on the muscles of the lower back may cause it to spasm and cause pain.
- Bulging or ruptured discs: The discs are the soft tissues in between the bones in your spine. Due to an injury or trauma, a disc may rupture and press on a nerve. This may cause severe pain in the back or through the spine.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a medical condition which causes inflammation in the joints or bones. If you suffer from arthritis, you may experience severe pain in the lower back. This condition may also affect your spine and lead to the narrowing of space around it.
- Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is marked by the loss of calcium in your bones. This condition may cause your bones to become brittle and increase your risk of getting fractures. The loss of calcium may also make your bones weak and cause pain in the back.
When should I see a doctor?
Most of the back pain cases resolve on their own through home care and rest. However, if you've had a serious injury or suffer from arthritis or any other medical condition, you should visit a doctor immediately.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Alwarpet, Chennai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the treatment options available for curing back pain?
Some of the ways in which persistent backache can be treated include:
There are several medications available to treat back pain. Your doctor may prescribe them based on the intensity of the pain and your underlying condition. Some of the medicines available to relieve back pain are:
- Over-the-counter pain relievers
- Muscle relaxants
- Topical pain relievers
Another way to relieve back pain is through physical therapy. A physical therapist will teach you various exercises to help strengthen your back muscles and increase flexibility. The therapist may also help you modify various movements to avoid flare-ups in the future.
If you have an unrelenting pain that is caused due to a slipped disc or nerve compression, surgery may be required. The surgery may help restore structure in the spine or restore herniated discs that cannot be treated through physical therapy.
Back pain is a fairly common condition. It may not always indicate something serious and may resolve on its own after a few days. However, if it persists, make sure that you consult a doctor and go for checkups regularly if you're above 50.
If left untreated, the following complications may occur due to back pain:
- Prolonged nerve damage
- Severe pain in the back that may radiate to the lower legs
- Permanent disability
- Inability to sit or walk
The following precautions should be taken to avoid back pain:
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid smoking
- Make sure you stand or sit in an upright position
- Increase your calcium and vitamin D intake
If you have sudden lower back pain, you should rest for at least two days before lifting something or engaging in strenuous exercise. Visit an orthopedic surgery hospital in Chennai to know more.
DR. KARTHIC BABU NATARAJAN
|Experience||:||13 Yeras Experience|
|Speciality||:||Pain Management...||Location||:||MRC Nagar|