Interventional Endoscopy - Gastroenterology in Alwarpet, Chennai
Interventional gastroenterology enables gastroenterologists to detect and treat complicated digestive diseases and ailments. It includes many endoscopic procedures, such as endoscopic ultrasound, endoscopic mucosal resection and ERCP. The best gastroenterology hospitals in Chennai perform complicated interventional gastro procedures to detect gastrointestinal (GI) tract diseases or ailments. Interventional gastroenterologists work on operational imaging records that help devise treatment plans.
What is endoscopy?
The best gastroenterologists in Chennai perform endoscopy to understand and evaluate digestive diseases and disorders. They review a patient's symptoms, history and blood tests. Interventional endoscopy of GI aims to provide patient care with advanced and highest quality endoscopies.
Gastroenterologists use an instrument called an endoscope to observe the GI tract of the body. An endoscope is a long, thin and flexible tube with a light and camera attached to the opposite end. It shows images of the inside of your body on a television screen. Doctors can also insert an endoscope inside the body through a minor cut in the skin when performing keyhole surgery.
Why do you need an endoscopy?
Doctors use endoscopes to investigate unusual symptoms and help perform certain types of surgery. They use endoscopes to extract small pieces of tissues for a closer look, the procedure is known as a biopsy.
Gastroenterologists can use endoscopy to evaluate symptoms such as:
- Difficulty while swallowing
- Tummy ache that won't go away
- Severe diarrhea
- Weight loss
- Frequent heartburn or indigestion
- Blood in feces
How do you prepare for a GI endoscopy?
- Avoid painkiller medications such as NSAIDs.
- Discuss any medical issues with the endoscopist.
- Understand the procedure's hazards.
- Before the endoscopy, you should not eat or drink anything.
- Make plans for a faster recovery.
When do you need to call a doctor?
Consult a doctor:
- If you have difficulty in swallowing
- If you have frequent diarrhea with severe abdominal pain
- If you have heartburn
- If you have blood in your feces
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Alwarpet, Chennai.
Call 1860 500 1066 to book an appointment.
What are the types of endoscopy?
Endoscopy is useful for investigating the GI tract within the human body and these areas include:
- In the upper part of the GI, where problems relate to the esophagus, stomach and duodenum, doctors perform upper endoscopy or EGD.
- In the small intestine, doctors perform enteroscopy.
- In the large intestine and colon, they can perform colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy.
- For bile duct and rectum disorders, they can go for rectoscopy.
- To evaluate various conditions in the anus, doctors can conduct an anoscopy.
Advanced Endoscopy Services: Specific tests have greater sensitivity and can detect gastrointestinal abnormalities that a regular endoscopy may neglect. Gastroenterologists are now more accurate and less intrusive, leading to better patient outcomes than traditional procedures.
Endoscopy Diagnostic Services: The best gastroenterologists in Chennai use the most advanced endoscopic equipment to perform procedures. It is vital to find a physician who has experience performing complex endoscopic procedures.
Advance endoscopy services include:
- Balloon-assisted enteroscopy
- Endoscopic Fistula Closure
- Endoscopic Full Thickness Resection (EFTR)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography or (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD)
- Endoscopic Suturing
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Fecal Transplantation (Bacteriotherapy)
- Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)
- Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF)
Capsule Endoscopy: Experts have developed a relatively new technique called capsule endoscopy, wherein a wireless camera is used. The camera is small enough to fit within a capsule (about the size of a tablet), and must be swallowed. This specific capsule takes hundreds of images as it passes through the digestive tract, which get transferred to a gadget linked to a wearing belt.
Experts use capsule endoscopy to view the small intestine, which is difficult to scan with traditional endoscopy. It can also examine small intestine mucosa and diagnose Crohn's disease. Typically, the capsule goes through the digestive system within 24-48 hours.
The best interventional gastroenterologists in Chennai examine a patient's symptoms, medical history and blood reports. Gastroenterologists use a tool called an endoscope to look into the body's GI tract. Experts use capsule endoscopy to view the small intestine, which is difficult to scan with traditional endoscopy.
Advanced endoscopy refers to the use of advanced technological accessories and equipment to treat more difficult gastrointestinal, pancreatic, biliary or liver-related diseases.
Anoscopy is a procedure during which your doctor examines the inside lining of your anus and rectum. The examination looks for abnormal growths, bleeding, hemorrhoids, inflammation and diseases, including diverticulosis.
Here are six of the most common stomach issues:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Chronic Diarrhea
- Persistent Constipation