Physiotherapy Treatment & Diagnostics in Alwarpet, Chennai
Sportspersons engage in rigorous field activities. If they suffer from minor or major injuries, especially to bones, immediate medical attention is sought. Physical therapy or physiotherapy is one of the healthcare practices that help sportspersons overcome injuries and resume sporting activities.
Physiotherapy centers in Chennai offer the best treatment in this regard.
What is physiotherapy?
Any condition related to muscles, ligaments, tendons, bones and other connective tissues may get treated with specialized physical therapy. Thus, physiotherapy uses different techniques to make your musculoskeletal system return to normal functioning. The best physiotherapist in Chennai can help you know more about how physical therapy can benefit you.
What are the types of physiotherapy?
The different types of physiotherapy treatments include:
- Hot or cold therapy: It is used to treat musculoskeletal pains and swelling.
- Exercise therapy: It includes a customized exercise plan including balance-building, mobility and strengthening exercises.
- E-stim (TENS or NMES): Electrical stimulation using transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) or using neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES)
- Hydrotherapy or water therapy
- Soft tissue manipulation using hands-on techniques
- Laser or light therapy using low-level laser
- Kinesiology taping
What are the symptoms that indicate you need physiotherapy?
Multiple symptoms can indicate you need to contact the best physiotherapy specialist in Chennai. Not all issues with the musculoskeletal system require surgeries. There are certain medical conditions, especially related to sports medicine, that can be treated with physical therapy only. Consult an orthopedic doctor near you for more details.
What are the conditions that necessitate physiotherapy?
- Knee instability
- Limited range of motion
- Lyme disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Plantar fasciitis
- Spinal stenosis
- Frozen shoulder
- Joint pain
- Lower back pain
- Parkinson’s disease
When do you need to see a doctor?
If you have a certain sports medicine condition that can be treated with simple therapy, consult physiotherapy specialists near you.
Request an appointment at the Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Alwarpet, Chennai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risk factors?
- Worsening of the condition of joints and muscles
- Severe tenderness in muscles
- Permanent or temporary disability
How do you prepare for physiotherapy?
Orthopedic specialists in Chennai prepare you for physiotherapy in the following ways:
- Previous medical records: You must keep the end-to-end details of all previous medical records before proceeding with physiotherapy.
- Scans: You may have to go through different imaging tests like X-rays, CT scans and MRI to get details of your condition.
What are the complications from physiotherapy?
- Psycho-emotional issues
- Swelling of muscles
- Back pain and pain in joints
- Soreness in muscles
- Muscle fatigue
- Pain in bones and muscles
How does physiotherapy treat pain issues?
The best physiotherapy specialist in Chennai starts with diagnosing body movement. He/she creates a treatment plan and administers therapeutic care. Physiotherapy also involves educating patients about the current injury condition and how to prevent it from deteriorating in the future.
You may require physiotherapy to handle any musculoskeletal issues. It helps your body to integrate cardiovascular and neurological systems with the musculoskeletal system for proper functioning. Many sports people go for dedicated physiotherapists.
Physiotherapy is crucial in sports medicine as it reduces the pain and restores regular body movements.
Physiotherapy is a painless procedure but may cause mild pain with joints that are stiff and require treatment.
Physiotherapy requires some time to heal your bones and muscles. Don’t expect results overnight.