Obesity is one of the root causes of multiple diseases, including heart conditions, hypertension, diabetes, etc. Thus, patients are often advised to reduce weight quickly before starting the treatment of their diseases. Modern methods like weight-loss surgeries are helpful in providing permanent solutions to obesity. Bariatric surgery hospitals in New Delhi offer effective anti-obesity solutions.
What do you need to know about bariatrics?
Bariatric surgery is an advanced medical procedure that is helpful in making you lose weight safely and quickly. It alters the routine digestive system of the body and works on two main principles. The reason for any bariatric surgery can be either reducing the absorption of the nutrients or decreasing appetite. It is performed by qualified medical professionals. The latest technology in bariatrics surgery includes the use of a laparoscope. Bariatric surgery hospitals in New Delhi can help you get precise and highly affordable weight-loss treatment.
Who qualifies for bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery is a medical procedure and hence, just any person can’t opt for this procedure. You have to go for dedicated pre-operative checks before scheduling bariatric surgery. These include regular blood and urine tests. Further, bariatric surgery doctors in New Delhi ask you to go through a pre-anesthesia check before scheduling your surgery. Persons with different medical conditions have to ensure that their diseases don’t interfere with the procedure.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Why are bariatric surgeries conducted?
Bariatrics surgery doctors in New Delhi may recommend these advanced, high-end procedures to persons with various medical conditions who may need to lose weight quickly as obesity interferes with the effective treatment of these conditions. Many women who suffer gynae issues, type-2 diabetes, etc., can prove to be ideal candidates for bariatric surgeries.
Bariatric surgeries are conducted using high-end laparoscopes that ensure minimally invasive surgeries.
What are the different types of bariatric surgery?
- Sleeve gastrectomy: It eliminates up to 80% of the stomach and leaves a long and tube-like pouch. There are no requirements for re-routing of intestines, and a smaller stomach produces less ghrelin, an appetite-regulating hormone.
- Gastric bypass: It is one of the most popular bariatric surgeries. It reduces the amount of food that can be consumed in one sitting and reduces nutrients absorption.
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch: It is an advanced two-part surgery. It starts with sleeve gastrectomy and the second surgery involves connecting the end portion of the intestine to the duodenum. It thus bypasses the majority of the intestine.
What are the benefits?
- Different bariatric surgeries and gastric bypass surgeries provide long-term weight-loss benefits.
- Bariatric surgery solves different medical issues that are related to obesity.
- Helps in the treatment of heart diseases, high blood pressure, etc.
- Effectively treats diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, etc.
- Helps treat osteoarthritis, gastrointestinal reflux diseases, etc.
- Helps perform daily activities to improve the quality of your life.
- It is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that has less recovery time.
What are the risk factors?
- Excessive bleeding during surgery
- Different infections
- Side effects or adverse reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clots in the body
- Gastrointestinal system leakages
- Deaths in severe cases
What are the complications?
- Bowel obstruction
- Diarrhoea, lightheadedness, vomiting, nausea, etc.
- Low blood sugar
- Acid reflux
- Revision or corrective surgeries
- Internal bleeding
Bariatrics deal with the prevention, treatment and causes of different conditions that cause obesity.
These include gastric bypass and weight-loss surgeries.
You would be given local or general anesthesia during bariatric surgery.