Colorectal Cancer Surgery in Karol Bagh, Delhi
Colorectal problems are concerned with the colon or the rectum or both. They are both necessary to work together to remove waste from the body.
If one of them fails to function properly, it may cause problems in the functioning of other organs. Hence, bleeding through the anus area or blood in stool is a warning sign that signifies that something could be wrong with your bowel process. In such circumstances, visit a colorectal specialist near you.
What are colorectal problems?
The colon and the rectum work together to process liquid stool into solid and eliminate it from the body. The bowel contains the colon and the rectum in the upper part of the anus, hence they both are very important in the bowel process. The conditions due to which this process gets affected come under colorectal problems and might be related to either or both of them. These conditions include:
- Constipation: When you have a rough diet or have an inadequate ratio of liquid and solid food, you may suffer from frequent constipation.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is a digestive problem in which the colon tightens. This results in bloating, diarrhea, abdominal pain and cramps.
- Internal and External Hemorrhoids: It is a condition wherein veins around the anus or lower rectum are swollen and inflamed.
- Anal Fissure: This is a condition wherein the lining of the anus is being damaged or torn.
- Colon Polyps: This is a condition wherein a piece of tissue is forced out of a weak spot of the colon.
- Colorectal Cancer: This develops when colon polyps grow in size and become cancerous.
- Ulcerative Colitis: When the inner lining of the colon becomes inflamed due to infection or lack of blood flow, it needs medical attention. If you are facing such a condition, you may visit a colorectal specialist in New Delhi.
- Crohn’s Disease: This is a condition wherein swelling or inflammation is visible in the small intestine or in any part of the digestive tract.
What are the symptoms that show you are suffering from a colorectal problem?
- Abdominal pain
- Frequent constipation
- Bloody stool
- Rectal bleeding (bleeding with normally non-bloody bowel processes)
If you are suffering from major conditions such as continuous itching near the anal region or frequent blood flow through the anus, you should immediately consult colorectal doctors in Karol Bagh.
What causes colorectal problems?
- Colorectal conditions may occur due to the age factor. As you are getting old, your bowel process may change.
- Colon problems may also be caused by some rare genes that you may inherit from your parents or grandparents.
- Your diet may also be the reason for colon problems where your intake of fiber is less and the proportion of solid and liquid is not right.
- Excessive drinking or smoking may cause disturbance in the bowel process and may be riskier in generating colorectal cancer.
- A sudden weight gain may cause abnormal growth of cells.
For detailed information, you may visit colorectal hospitals in Karol Bagh.
When do you need to see a doctor?
When you are suffering from diarrhea, frequent and severe abdominal pain, and can see blood through the anus and along with stool, it is necessary to visit a colorectal specialist.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the treatment options?
Non-surgical treatment: Based on your condition, your doctor may suggest some medications to help relieve your pain. Some conditions might be treated with medications, but some serious conditions like colorectal cancer need a surgical approach.
Surgical Treatment: When your condition does not improve even after medications or you are suffering from some serious conditions, your doctor may recommend surgery based on the diagnosis.
Most colorectal problems are curable. This makes it easier for a doctor to make the right treatment plan if they notice the symptoms in the initial stages.
Yes, eating whole grains or fruits which contain high fiber helps food to move through the colon very easily.
When your stool’s color changes to black or blood color changes to dark red or black, then it is necessary to visit a doctor immediately, as it is a sign that shows you may be suffering from colorectal cancer.
Yes, frequent intake of excessive spicy food may inflame your colon.