Kidney Stones Treatment & Diagnostics in Karol Bagh, Delhi
Kidneys play an important role in our body’s functioning. These are the filtering systems that help in eliminating toxic materials from our body.
A healthy adult has two kidneys that work simultaneously and form an important part of the urinary system. However, there are multiple diseases and medical conditions related to the kidneys. Kidney stone hospitals in New Delhi offer the best treatment for renal problems.
What are kidney stones?
Hard deposits of minerals and other materials formed inside your kidneys are called kidney stones. These stones originating in the kidneys can affect different parts of the urological system. It so happens that urine becomes too concentrated and allows deposition of such contents in the kidneys. Kidney stone doctors in New Delhi can help you get precise and highly affordable kidney stones treatment.
What are the types of kidney stones?
The main four types of kidney stones include:
- Struvite stones: These stones originate due to urinary tract infections. Struvite stones grow large quickly.
- Cystine stones: These stones occur due to cystinuria that is a medical condition in which kidneys secrete an excess of certain amino acids. It is a hereditary condition.
- Uric acid stones: Persons with diabetes and metabolic diseases or those who consume a high-protein diet may get uric acid stones.
- Calcium stones: Calcium oxalate forms calcium stones, and may occur as calcium phosphate.
What are the symptoms?
- Pain in the side that goes to the back
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fever and chills
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Blood in urine
What causes kidney stones?
Depending on the types of kidney stones, the common causes of kidney stones include:
- Hereditary conditions like cystinuria can cause cystine stones.
- Certain fruits, vegetables and other eatables rich in oxalate may form calcium stones
- Certain medications related to specific conditions like seizures and migraines can lead to kidney stones.
- Chronic diarrhea or malabsorption of fluids in the body can make the urine concentrated.
- People who have a high protein diet can get kidney stones.
- Various urinary tract infections may cause struvite stones.
When do you need to see a doctor?
Go to a registered medical practitioner if you’re facing any issues or symptoms related to kidney stones. Kidney stones doctors in New Delhi can help you with the best medication and effective treatment of different kidney-related conditions.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risk factors?
- Persons with a history of kidney diseases
- Adults who take high-protein diet
- Persons who consume less fiber and fluids
- Persons with medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, etc.
- Persons who are exposed to different bacteria and viruses causing infections
- Persons on strong medication.
- Digestive diseases and surgeries
What are the complications?
If left untreated, kidney stones can lead to permanent kidney damage.
What are the treatment options?
Many doctors prescribe strict diet restrictions with minimum medication and special measures like increased fluid intake to treat kidney stones. Certain cases may require strict medication to prevent the occurrence of kidney stones. In serious cases, when kidney stones get stuck in the urinary tract, your doctor may suggest surgery.
There are multiple reasons for kidney stones and can occur at any age. People with certain medical conditions or on certain medications are at high risk. It can, however, be controlled
with a balanced diet, regular exercise and avoiding certain oxalate-rich foods. It is not a permanent condition.
Not all cases of kidney stones require immediate surgery. It depends on the condition of the disease.
You may have to wait for a few days before getting relief from your kidney stones issues.
Kidney stones can be highly painful and cause severe pain when they are stuck in the urinary tract.