Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
In life, a person can face a severe injury, accident, or illness. Sometimes, they can have consequences like the loss of muscle or joint movement. Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation is a field of medicine that specializes in restoring this muscle or joint action.
About Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
The aim of physiotherapy & rehabilitation is simple - to help a patient return back to his normal lifestyle. After an injury, accident, or illness, individuals may experience loss of function of joints, muscles, or other tissues. This is the main area of concern of musculoskeletal physiotherapy. Rehabilitation is a specialized integral part of MSK Physiotherapy.
On the technical side of it, physiotherapy & rehabilitation involves a set of specialized techniques. Physiotherapists are experts in treating injuries and returning the normal bodily movement.
Who Qualifies for Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation?
You can qualify for physiotherapy & rehabilitation treatment if you suffer from the following symptoms:
- Significant injury in joints or muscles
- Constant pain in joints or muscles
- Loss of balance
- Inability to move or stretch easily
- Uncontrollable urination
Why is Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Conducted?
Physiotherapy & rehabilitation is conducted to restore the typical lifestyle of a patient after an injury, accident, or illness.
What are the Benefits of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation?
The various benefits of physiotherapy led rehabilitation treatment are as follows:
- Eliminating the possibility of a surgery
- Relief from pain in joints or muscles
- Restoring the normal muscle or joint movement
- Improving the balance
What are the Risks of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation?
The various risks associated with physiotherapy & rehabilitation treatment that may happen are as follows:
- Increase in muscle/joint pain due to improper diagnosis
- Fainting due to inappropriate management blood sugar level
- Risk of catching pneumothorax
- Risk of vertebrobasilar stroke
- Different Types of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Techniques
Below is a list of different physiotherapy & rehabilitation techniques:
- Manual Therapy
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Balance and Coordination Retraining
- Cryotherapy and Heat Therapy
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Kinesio Taping
What are the Preparations for a Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Treatment?
The ways in which you must prepare for a visit to a Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation treatment are as follows:
- Keep Track: You must keep a record regarding the first symptom of loss of muscle movement.
- Medical: You must tell your physiotherapist the entire list of your medications. Tell the physiotherapist about the obligatory medicines for you to take and the ones you may leave.
- Comfortable clothing: You must bring or wear comfortable clothing to your physiotherapy & rehabilitation session. Such clothing aims to allow easy access for the physiotherapist to the affected area. Also, such clothing would help you in your movements during the session.
- Query Questions: You must prepare a list of query questions to ask your physiotherapist before a therapy session.
Our lives are unstable. At any time, an accident or illness can take away our muscle movement and throw our lives out of balance. However, spending time in worry is no solution in this age of tremendous medical science advancement. If you are one of those, immediately seek the services of physiotherapy & rehabilitation treatment and regain control of your life.
This is a mistake that many individuals make. After an injury, they tend to wait it out in the hope that muscle movement may return. If you face any problem in your muscle movement following an injury, the wise thing to do would be to seek treatment from a Physiotherapist.
Yes, Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation is a proven and authentic treatment that has evidence in medical science. It is a false belief to assume that is a form of pseudo-science. Physiotherapists are medically trained professionals who gain their knowledge from medical science.
Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation treatment is suitable for people of all age groups, including older people. Even old muscles can regain their movement with the help of Physiotherapy led Rehabilitation. As such, age is not a hurdle in this treatment.