Ear Infection Treatment in Karol Bagh, Delhi
Ears are multifunctional sensory organs that are responsible for hearing function. Ears further facilitate the balance of the body. The simple functioning of the ears is credited to the eardrum, which vibrates when sound waves enter the ear canal.
Different types of sounds cause different vibrations which travel to the oval window of the ear. This oval window is considered as the entrance to the inner ear. The detailed structuring of ears along with different components is prone to multiple issues such as ear infections, ear diseases, etc. ENT hospitals in New Delhi offer the best treatment for the most widespread or advanced issues with your ears.
Types of Ear Infection
There are different types of ear infection, which include:
- Otitis Media (Acute or Chronic): It is the infection or inflammation of the middle ear. Viruses are majorly responsible for this condition.
- Infections Myringitis: It is the inflammation of the eardrum and causes small blisters. It can be bacterial or fungal.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: It is the inflammation of the vestibular nerve that causes viral infection.
- Otitis Externa: It is the infection or inflammation of the ear canal between the outer ear and the eardrum. It can be bacterial or fungal.
- Serous Otitis Media: It is also called glue ear. It causes fluid build-up and pus in the middle ear.
- Herpes Zoster of the ear: It is the infection of the auditory nerve that is caused by the Herpes Zoster virus.
- Acute Mastoiditis: It is the infection of the Mastoid that may be due to acute Otitis Media.
Symptoms of Ear Infection
The common symptoms indicating ear infection include:
- Earaches from mild to severe
- Discharge from ears
- Headaches from mild to severe
- Itchiness in the outer ear
- Buzzing or humming sounds in the ear
- Muffled sound or mild deafness
- Vertigo or loss of balance
- Mild fevers
- Loss of appetite
- Blisters in the outer ear or along the ear canal
Causes of Ear Infection
The common causes of ear infection include:
- Bacterial or viral infections
- Changes in air pressure due to airline travel
- Cleft Palate
- Swimming in polluted water
- Scratching of delicate tissues of ears due to rough cleaning of the ears
- Failing to dry the outer ear after bathing or swimming
- Babies and children are naturally more prone to ear infections
- Blocked or smaller than average Eustachian tubes
- Upper respiratory tract infections
Ear Infection: When to see a doctor?
It is highly recommended to go to a registered medical practitioner if you face any issues or symptoms related to your ears. ENT doctors in New Delhi can help you with the best medication and effective treatment for different conditions.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Karol Bagh, New Delhi
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment
Risk factors in Ear Infection
- Kids and children are more prone to ear infections than adults.
- Persons with weak immune systems are prone to ear infections.
- Persons working in humid conditions, living in areas with great exposure to rainfall, etc., are at risk of developing ear infections.
Possible Complications in Ear Infection
The ENT doctors in New Delhi prevent your ear infections from generating severe complications like:
- Eardrum tearing: In many cases, eardrum tearing may require surgical healing.
- Impaired hearing: Multiple ear infections, when not treated properly, may lead to permanent damage to the eardrum that causes permanent hearing issues.
- Spread of infections: Serious ear infections spread to other tissues and bones in the body that may cause severe implications.
- Delayed speech: Permanent or temporary hearing due to ear infections may cause delayed speech or social development skills.
Prevention of Ear Infection
The following are the best ways to stay away from ear infections:
- Prevent common cold and other mild symptoms
- Prevent second-hand smoking
- Take care of your ears
Remedies and Treatment of Ear Infection
Many doctors prescribe general medication for treating ear infections. Doctors may recommend medicines like Amoxil, Augmentin, etc., to treat mild infections. Some serious cases may require a small surgical procedure to repair the damage to the ears caused by the infection.
Ear infections are commonly mild but sometimes may invite serious implications. Damage to the ears can be prevented by treating different ear infections on time. There are different causes and symptoms of these infections that hint at the best medical attention.
Not all cases of ear infections require surgery.
You may have to wait for 7-14 days to get relief from ear infections.
You may take steps to improve the level of kids’ hygiene, by avoiding infant feeding, and promoting breastfeeding, etc.