Gynecology is the branch of medical science that deals with various health issues faced by women. Adult women often undergo various gynecological problems that cannot be treated by a general medical practitioner. In such cases, you must consult a gynecologist near you for the proper treatment of your gynecological issues.
Different types of gynecological problems
- Excessive uterine bleeding – You may experience too much vaginal bleeding than your normal menstrual flow. Then it can be a signal of serious gynecological problems in your reproductive parts. This irregular bleeding can occur also in girls before the puberty stage or older women who have crossed the menopause age.
- Uterine fibroids – Non-cancerous fibroids grow in the uterus, mainly in adult women between the ages of 30 – 40. Submucosal fibroids grow below the lining of the uterine walls while subserosal fibroids grow outside the uterus. Intramural fibroids develop over the uterine walls, causing discomfort in all cases.
- Urinary incontinence – If you fail to have control over your urge to urinate, urine starts leaking out involuntarily. Urinary incontinence may be caused due to overstress or urgent need to urinate. Mixed incontinence is the result of combining both stress and urgency of urinating.
- Endometriosis – Endometrial tissues line the uterine walls of each woman. If this tissue is misplaced and grows outside the uterus, it cannot shed off during the monthly menstrual cycle.
- Pelvic prolapse – This condition occurs when one or more pelvic organs collapse down into the vagina. If the ligaments and supporting tissues of the urinary bladder, rectum, and uterus become weaker, these organs may collapse.
Symptoms of gynecological disorders
- Excessive vaginal bleeding – Abnormally longer menstrual cycle lasting more than 7 days, severe pain during menstruation, and necessity of multiple sanitary pads each hour.
- Uterine fibroids – Heavy menstrual flow, vaginal pain during sexual intercourse, lower back pain, a feeling of pressure in the abdominal region, and more frequent urges to urinate.
- Urinary incontinence – Involuntary leakage of urine very frequently and in large quantities.
- Endometriosis – Severe pelvic pain during menstruation, high menstrual flow, feeling of pain while urinating, bowel movements, and sexual activities.
- Pelvic prolapse – Heavy pressure on the vagina, other organs protruding out of the vagina, problem in urinating, and bowel movements.
Causes of gynecological problems
The growth of a cancerous tumor or non-cancerous fibroids can cause heavy vaginal bleeding, abdominal pain, and other above-mentioned symptoms. The menopausal syndrome can cause some symptoms. Sometimes, musculoskeletal defects in the pelvic region also cause severe pain and other problems that can be cured in gynecology hospitals in New Delhi.
When to see a doctor?
When your normal life is disturbed by these above-mentioned symptoms, you should not delay in visiting the best gynecology hospital near you. Gynecological specialists will conduct various diagnostic tests there and find out the exact gynecological problem bothering you. In this way, you can be cured of this gynecological disorder with proper medications or surgery.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Treatment for gynecological ailments
The treatment procedure of a gynecological problem depends on the age of the patient and her health condition. In the cases of women above 45, a gynecology surgeon in New Delhi will recommend a hysterectomy to cure cancerous tumors or even non-cancerous fibroids. The removal of collapsed organs through surgery is the most preferred way of treating pelvic prolapse. Endometriosis can be treated with antibiotic medications. Sometimes, abnormal bleeding is also treated with anti-inflammatory medicines. Hormone therapy is another treatment procedure for curing several gynecological disorders.
It is always the best step to consult a gynecologist near you. An early diagnosis and regular consultation can cure you of all kinds of gynecological problems. Gynecologists always try to heal their patients through medications and do not suggest surgery unless it is essential for a patient.
Every adult woman should go for an annual checkup with a gynecologist in New Delhi. It is more essential to visit a gynecologist if you find any abnormality in the functions of your abdominal or reproductive organs.
It is best to visit a gynecologist between your menstrual periods, to undergo the required clinical tests. You should discuss freely all your gynecological problems, including heavy menstruation or abdominal pain during periods or sexual activities.
Girls aged 13 onwards can visit a gynecologist for a normal checkup, as soon as they reach puberty. Even an old woman may need gynecological treatment, from problems like pelvic prolapse or urinary incontinence. However, the growth of a tumor or fibroids in the uterus needs the assistance of a gynecology surgeon near you.