Excision of tumors Treatment & Diagnostics in Karol Bagh, Delhi
Excision of tumors
When the growth of soft tissue increases in a larger quantity or gets out of control, it forms a tumor and needs medical attention in which it is necessary to visit an oncologist or Excision Tumor specialist nearby. If the tissue gets more serious, the risk of a cancerous tumor to be developed increases. For such cases, excision of the tumor is the best and effective way of treatment.
Excision of tumor is a surgical treatment process where the tumor which is developed in a lump or mass is treated whether it is cancerous or non-cancerous.
How tumors are diagnosed?
A proper diagnosis of the tumor is required to decide the most suitable treatment plan for you. Based on your symptoms and physical health, your oncologist or Excision Tumor specialist will perform tests, such as:
- CT Scan
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Biopsy – incisional or excisional biopsy
- Blood test
Only after the diagnosis will your oncologist or Excision Tumor specialist will decide if the tumor needs to be excised. For further details, visit Excision of tumors hospital in Karol Bagh, New Delhi or you may
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Karol Bagh, New Delhi
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment
Who qualifies for the procedure of excision of tumors?
A surgical procedure to remove tumors is only possible if the lump is not yet spread and is intact in one place. It is tough to perform excision of a tumor that has metastasized (spread).
Why is excision of tumor performed?
The main goal of the excision of a tumor is to remove all the cancer lumps along with the surrounding affected tissue.
The benefits of excising a tumor are,
- Tumour is removed from its originated place, which reduces the risk of spreading
- By excising, the nearby tissue is also collectively removed from the body
- As the tumor is completely removed, the chance of recurring is reduced
Hence, the surgical excision of the tumor is considered to be the most effective method of removing the tumor completely from the body.
Risks or complications of excising tumors?
The risks associated with the surgical procedure of removal of tumors are,
- Most commonly, the pain may be felt in the area where surgery is performed.
- Fatigue or tiredness all over the body.
- Appetite loss or some minor problems in the other body parts.
- Infection, as it is a surgical procedure to remove your tumor from your body along with tissues, it is a possible risk of causing the infection in the area. To avoid the infection your oncologist or Excision Tumor specialist will recommend some precautions. In case of a sign of infection, it is advisable to visit an oncologist or Excision Tumor Hospitals in Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
Mostly, oncologists or Excision Tumor specialists go for a surgical procedure based on your symptoms. At this stage, the cancer tumor may be spread among the body, which is why the oncologist may not perform an excision. However, certain therapies like targeted drugs, radiation, etc., may be used instead.
Lymphedema (swelling of lymph nodes) is a possible side effect of the surgical removal of a tumor. This may happen if the cancer cells spread through the lymph nodes, resulting in an abnormal build-up of fluid in the lymph nodes.
Yes, your sex life may be affected depending on the location of the tumor. This could also be because of the fatigue and tiredness in the body caused by the tumor.