Mastopexy or Breast Lift Treatment & Diagnostics in Karol Bagh, Delhi
Mastopexy or Breast Lift
A breast lift surgery, medically termed mastopexy, is a surgical procedure for women to get back their breasts in shape. Over time, your breasts undergo several changes and tend to appear loose and droopy. They almost lose their original size and firmness. Consult a cosmetic surgeon for breast lift surgery in Karol Bagh to know about this procedure.
You can also search for breast lift surgery near you.
How do surgeons perform the procedure?
The procedure involves the following steps:
- A surgeon does the procedure in an outpatient department under general anesthesia.
- The type of incision depends on the type of surgery.
- Sometimes, surgeons may also carry out surgery on your expanded areolas or remove excess mass to lift breasts.
- The procedure typically lasts for 2-3 hours and the surgeon leaves your breasts bandaged in a surgical bra.
- You may move around on the same day of the surgery.
Can I be eligible for the procedure?
You may be eligible to undergo breast lift surgery if you do not smoke, are healthy and have average body weight. If the following breast problems bother you, you are a perfect candidate for breast lift surgery:
- Breasts are saggy and shapeless.
- Both the breasts do not appear the same.
- The skin is stretched and the areolas are large.
- Breasts appear flat, elongated and pendulous.
- Nipples droop below the breast crease when unsupported.
Why do surgeons perform the procedure?
Pregnancy, weight changes and breastfeeding affect your breasts' shape. Surgeons will perform a breast lift procedure for the following reasons:
- You need to reposition the breast tissue and make the nipples and areola face forward.
- You require symmetry in both breasts.
- Your breasts need lift and firmness after losing shape during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Your breasts need recontouring after losing shape due to excess body weight loss.
- You have had drooping breasts since your teens and wish to have beautifully contoured breasts.
If you need breast lift surgery in Karol Bagh, contact the best cosmetic surgeons in Delhi for more details.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the different types of breast lift surgeries?
Qualified cosmetic surgeons will perform breast lift surgery by making an incision depending on the type of breast lift required. The following are the different types:
- Crescent lift: Surgeons perform this minimally invasive surgery using a small incision made halfway.
- Peri-areolar or doughnut lift: If you have mild sagging, surgeons may perform peri-areolar lift surgery. The surgery helps reduce the areola size.
- Vertical or lollipop lift: Surgeons perform this operation to correct moderate sagging and reshape breasts.
- Inverted T or anchor lift: This surgery involves complete reshaping for severely saggy breasts.
What are the benefits?
Breast lift surgeries have the following benefits:
- They give long-lasting results.
- You get lifted, firm and balanced breasts.
- You get your self-esteem back with the properly contoured breast shape.
Are there any risks associated with the surgery?
Breast lift surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risk
- Asymmetry in breasts
- Irregular contour
- Bleeding or hematoma
- Fluid retention
- Changes in nipple sensation
- Poor healing
- Need for re-surgery
- Partial or extensive loss of nipples and areola
Forget saggy or drooping breasts. Get your confidence back with breast lift surgery. Consult the best cosmetologist in Delhi for breast lift surgery near you.
Columbia Surgery. Breast-lift Mastopexy [Internet]. Available at: https://columbiasurgery.org/conditions-and-treatments/breast-lift-mastopexy. Accessed on Jul 17, 2021.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Breast lift Mastopexy [Internet]. Available at: https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/breast-lift/candidates. Accessed on Jul 17, 2021.
American Board of Cosmetic Surgery [Internet]. Available at: https://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/procedure-learning-center/breast/breast-lift-guide/. Accessed on Jul 17, 2021.
Surgeons usually remove the milk ducts during breast lift surgery. Hence you may not be able to breastfeed after the surgery.
Scars may be permanent; however, they may fade with time or your bra may cover them.
You may need pain medication for a few days and return to normal within two weeks.
For size enhancement, you need an augmentation surgery that can be done simultaneously with a breast lift. But breast lift surgery alone cannot enhance the size.