Treatment for Common Illnesses in Karol Bagh, Delhi
Usually, the diseases that are caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites are called infectious diseases, and they lead to common illnesses, which need to be considered under urgent care or emergency medicine. There are multiple organisms that live in and on our bodies. They are usually harmless, but, under certain conditions, a few such organisms may cause diseases.
To know more, contact a general medicine doctor near you or visit a general medicine hospital in New Delhi.
What are some of the signs and symptoms of common illnesses?
- Muscle soreness
- Muscle ache
- Body ache
When should you see a doctor?
You should seek urgent care of a healthcare provider if you are suffering from the following conditions:
- Animal bite
- Breathing issues
- Cough which is unexplained for more than one week
- Unexplained rash or swelling
- Unexplained fever
- Prolonged fever
- Sudden vision problems
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the causes of common illnesses?
Infectious diseases are often caused by:
- Bacteria - These one-cell organisms are liable for illnesses like streptococcal sore throat, tract infections and tuberculosis.
- Viruses - Even smaller than bacteria, viruses cause a host of diseases starting from the common cold to AIDS.
- Other sorts of fungi can infect your lungs or systema nervosum.
- Parasites - Malaria is caused by a small parasite that's transmitted by a sting. Other parasites could also be transmitted to humans from animal feces.
What are the risk factors?
Infectious diseases can attack any person, but the outcome of whether the person would be affected by it or not would totally depend upon the state of the immune system of that person. Generally, you are more prone to being affected by infectious diseases and suffering from common illnesses when:
- You have been immunocompromised because of HIV or AIDS.
- Certain cancers or chemotherapy are making you immunocompromised.
- You’re on long-term corticosteroid use.
- You’re on long-term immunosuppressant use.
What are some of the complications?
Usually, infectious diseases don’t have major complications but they should still be addressed with adequate precaution because some conditions like pneumonia, or meningitis can be fatal if left untreated or undiagnosed. There are multiple infections that can resurface as cancer in later stages, like Helicobacter pylori infections are linked to peptic ulcer formations.
How can you prevent common illnesses?
There are some common safety precautions that can be taken by everyone in order to avoid infection by common illnesses. The steps are:
- Washing hands frequently with soap
- Getting vaccinated
- Staying at home when sick
- Preparing food with adequate safety and precautions
- Practicing safe sex
- Avoiding sharing of personal items like toothbrushes, combs, etc.
Consumption of contaminated food items
Common illnesses can be contracted by:
Person to person direct contact
Animal to person direct contact
Mother to unborn child direct contact
Food contamination can cause common illnesses because the source of infection is always singular in these cases, which may usually be E.coli, commonly found in uncooked or undercooked meat or unpasteurized milk and this bacterium causes germs to be spread to multiple people through the consumption of a food item that has gone bad.