Hernia Surgery in Delhi
Apollo Spectra provides state-of-the-art hernia surgery in Delhi. Hernia is the abnormal protruding of a tissue or an organ through the muscle or tissue that holds it in place. Mostly hernia occurs in the abdomen, upper thigh, groin and belly button. They are mainly classified into hiatal, inguinal, umbilical and incisional. –
Different types of hernia surgery
Unlike the popular belief, it is not only men but women can also be affected by hernia. While inguinal hernias are common among men femoral hernias are mostly seen among women. According to statistics, in the year 2015 only, around 18.5 million hernias have been reported and also 59,800 deaths.
- Inguinal hernia: They are the most widely seen and makes up to the 70% of all reported hernias. In this condition, a part of the abdomen will push out through a weakened region in the lower stomach into the groin region. These type hernias are also known as groin hernias and they may not show any evident symptoms.
- Femoral hernia: In femoral hernias, contents of the intestine will bulge through a weak spot in the upper thigh muscle. This sort is most common among women due to the specific shape for pelvis which is suitable for childbirth.
- Umbilical hernia: Here, the tissue lining the abdomen projects out into the belly button area. Pregnant women are more prone to this condition due to the stretching of their stomach but otherwise seem equally reported among older men and women.
- Hiatal hernia: Hiatal hernia is a condition in which the stomach juts out through the diaphragm into the chest area. Obese women and newborn babies seem to be more vulnerable to this problem and in the case of babies, this is due to a congenital birth defect.
- Incisional hernia: Primarily seen in people who have undergone some sort of abdominal surgery. Intestine will bulge out through the weak tissue around the incisional scar.
All these hernias can again be divided into two types: acquired and congenital. While acquired hernias are the result of injury or muscle weakening due to various reasons as a person grows older, congenital hernias are developed even before birth though it may not be diagnosed till later