Prostate Laser Surgery in Karol Bagh, Delhi
Laser prostatectomy or laser prostate surgery is a special type of minimally invasive procedure to treat benign prostate hyperplasia in men.
It is considered when a person suffers from moderate to severe urinary symptoms that are caused by an enlarged prostate. Visit the best urology surgery hospital in Delhi for hassle-free surgery.
What is laser prostate surgery?
Laser prostatectomy is a common surgical procedure performed to treat urinary problems in men. It works by removing excess tissue in the prostate that is blocking the urinary flow.
In this procedure, a surgeon inserts a scope or a tube through the tip of your penis into your body. The scope goes all the way to the tubes that carry urine outside the body from the bladder (urethra). The prostate surrounds the urethra.
Then your doctor will pass a laser beam through the scope which will shrink the excess tissues in the prostate. This will allow the urethra to expand and carry urine normally.
There are 3 different types of prostate laser surgery. They are:
- Photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP): In this procedure, the laser melts or vaporizes the excess tissue in the prostate to eliminate obstruction.
- Holmium laser ablation of the prostate (Holap): In this procedure, a holmium laser is used to melt the excess tissue. It is preferred by men who have moderately enlarged prostates.
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP): In this procedure, the laser is first used to remove the excess tissue in the urethra. After that, your doctor will insert another device to cut the prostate tissue outside the urethra and remove it. It is considered by men who have severely enlarged prostates.
- To know more about the procedure, visit the best urology surgery specialist in Karol Bagh.
Who usually needs prostate laser surgery?
Some of the urological problems in men that may require laser prostatectomy are:
- Recurring urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Problems in the kidney or the bladder
- Loss of control over the bladder
- Kidney or bladder stones
- Presence of blood in urine
What are the symptoms that show you may require laser prostate surgery?
The laser surgery may help relieve symptoms caused by benign prostate hyperplasia. They are:
- Difficulty in starting urination
- Frequent urination
- Loss of bladder control
- Prolonged urination
- Feeling of fullness after urination
- Urgency in urination
- Urinary incontinence
- Pain during urination
When do you need to see a doctor?
If you suffer from benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and prostate tissues are blocking your urine flow, then you may visit your urology doctor in Delhi for diagnosis. For consultation,
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risks?
Laser prostate surgery is safe and minimally invasive. However, some of the risks involved in the surgery are as follows:
- Difficulty in urination for a temporary period
- Infections in the urinary tract
- Narrowing of the urethra
- Erectile dysfunction
- Need for another treatment
What are the benefits?
- Lower risk of bleeding
- Minimally invasive technique
- Faster recovery
- Immediate results
- No cardiac or any other side-effects
- Minimum hospital stay
Laser prostatectomy is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures. It is the best surgical method to treat urinary problems in men. It is also safe and rarely leads to any complications. Consult your urology surgery specialist in Delhi if you have any doubts before the surgery, and go for consultations regularly after the surgery for best results.
No, the surgery will be performed by a trained urology surgeon and the patient will be given anesthesia. Schedule an appointment with the best urology specialist in Karol Bagh for pain-free treatment.
If left untreated, the following complications may arise due to a urological disease:
- Difficulty urinating
- Kidney or bladder problems
- Severe pain in the prostate
- Prostate cancer
After you're done with the surgery, your urine flow will become much stronger and easier to start. You will also be able to control your urge to urinate and not require to urinate frequently.