Kidney Stone Treatment in Delhi
At Apollo Spectra, we provide best kidney stone treatment in Delhi. Kidney stones are crystalline structures which are usually found in the kidneys. They might also be present in ureters, bladder and, urethra. Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. They are considered to be one of the most painful ailments.
- The most common kind of kidney stones is calcium stones. They are made up of calcium oxalate as well as calcium phosphate and calcium maleate.
- Uric stones are formed when there is excessive acid content in the urine. These are commonly found in men and people who suffer from gout or are undergoing chemotherapy could also develop them.
- Struvite occurs in women and can be large enough to cause urinary obstruction. The women who suffer from urinary tract infections or due to a kidney infection.
- Cystine stones are caused by the genetic disorder, cystinuria. These occur when cystine found in the kidneys reaches the urine.
The presence of kidney stones doesn’t cause any issue until they reach the ureters. Once they reach the ureters, one can feel severe pain in the back or the abdomen. This pain comes and goes and is very severe in nature.
Apart from the intense pain, these are the signs of kidney stones presence of blood in urine, fever, urge to urinate most of the time, chills, and foul-smelling urine.
If the stones are tiny then they pass out as a person urinates without causing any problem.
Kidney stones: causes
Different types of kidney stones occur due to different reasons.
- Calcium stone occurs due to an excessive amount of oxalate in the diet. This occurs when a person eats lots of oxalate-rich food items such as chips, spinach, peanuts or chocolates.
- Uric stones are caused by excessive consumption of purines, a colorless part of the animal protein. It is found in fish and meat items.
- Struvite is caused due to kidney infection or urinary tract infection.
- Cystine is caused by genetic defect and presence of cysteine (which is found in the kidneys).
In order to confirm the presence of kidney stones, a doctor needs to look at the medical history of the patient and perform some physical tests. Apart from this, a doctor might need to check the presence of calcium, uric acid, and phosphorus in blood samples, analysis of urine to detect the presence of crystals, blood or bacteria.
In order to detect the obstructions, the patient needs to undergo X-ray of the stomach, intravenous pyelogram, ultrasound of the kidneys, CT scan and MRI of the abdomen and kidneys.
The main purpose of this article is to discuss the treatment of the kidney stones. Different kinds of stones require different treatments. It advised that the patient drinks at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day to remain hydrated and increase urine flow. In case the stones are passed out, they are collected for further analysis.
Medicines given in case of kidneys stones can either be pain relief medicine or antibiotics. Allopurinol is given in case of uric stones. Ibuprofen is recommended for pain relief.
This method utilises the frequency of sound waves to cause vibrations in the stone so that they might break down into smaller pieces. These stones can then be passed used while urinating. The procedure is painful and the patient is administered anesthesia. Other side effects of this treatment include bleeding in the region around the kidney and the appearance of bruises on the belly and the back.
This surgery is performed in case the stones are too big to pass out, they are causing kidney infections or the pain is unbearable. They are removed by making a small cut in the patients back.
This is used when a stone gets stuck in the ureter or the bladder of the patient. An instrument called a ureteroscope, basically, a wire with a camera is inserted via the urethra and is moved into the bladder. The doctor then uses a mechanism to hold the stone and remove it gently.
First of all, kidney stones are one of the most painful experiences a person can have. In case the person is able to bear with it then they will cause urinary obstructions and this will result in a kidney infection. The end result would be permanent kidney damage.
One can avoid kidney stones by keeping themselves properly hydrated. One should be careful while eating oxalate-rich items like spinach, chips, and chocolate as the calcium stones are the most popular stones and are caused by the formation of calcium oxalate.
Kidney stones can also be caused due to obesity, high protein, sugar or salt intake, hyperthyroid, as a side effect of gastric bypass surgery, and inflammatory bowel diseases. In case you have any of these conditions consult a doctor for Kidney stone treatment in Delhi.