Best Achilles Tendon Repair Treatment in MRC Nagar, Chennai
An Achilles tendon repair surgery is a procedure performed to repair the Achilles tendon in the foot to restore mobility and reduce pain in the tendon. It involves the replacement or treatment of the tendon to restore mobility. You can visit a good orthopedic hospital in Chennai to undergo this treatment.
What do we need to know about Achilles tendon repair surgery?
The Achilles tendon is a strong tendon located in your calf. It helps in connecting the muscles of your calf to your heels. It is one of the largest tendons in your body and helps in running, walking, and jumping.
Suffering any injury or trauma, the Achilles tendon can rupture which can result in severe pain in the affected area, to the extent of making it difficult to even bend or move your foot forward.
The Achilles tendon can also degenerate due to overuse of the tendon. This condition is known as tendinopathy.
Through an Achilles tendon repair surgery, the doctor may be able to stitch the ruptured tendons together. If the damage is severe, the doctor may have to replace a part or all of it.
You can visit Apollo Spectra Hospitals, the best orthopedic surgery hospital in Chennai to know more about the surgery.
Who qualifies for the procedure?
Generally, people who have suffered a trauma or injury that led to a tendon rupture may suffer from the following symptoms:
- Severe pain and swelling in the calf or ankle
- Inability to bend your foot forward or backwards
- Inability to push your leg forward or walk
- Inability to stand on your toes because of the injury
- A popping or snapping sound accompanying the injury
If you notice any symptoms, you may qualify for the surgery. If you ever get into such a situation you can schedule an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals with an orthopedic doctor in MRC Nagar, Chennai at the earliest.
Why is this surgery conducted?
Some of the common reasons why this surgery may be required are:
- Ruptured tendon: If the tendon in the knee has ruptured due to an injury or trauma, you may need to repair it through surgery.
- Severe pain: If there is severe pain or ache in the calf or ankle joint after playing a high impact sport like football, you may require surgery to repair it.
When do you need to see a doctor?
You need to visit a doctor for a physical examination if you notice any pain or symptoms. If you have experienced an injury or trauma in the area, visit the best orthopedic specialist in MRC Nagar for treatment.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, MRC Nagar, Chennai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risks involved in the surgery?
An Achilles tendon repair surgery is a safe procedure and rarely leads to any complications. However, some of the risks that are involved in this surgery are:
- Nerve damage in the surrounding tissues
- Non - healing of the wound
- Weakness in the calf
- Severe pain in the foot or ankle
What are the benefits of Achilles Tendon repair surgery?
The benefits of tendon repair surgery are as follows:
- Reduced pain in the area
- Restored mobility in the calf or ankle
- Allows you to resume your daily activities without complications
- Less damage to the bones or surrounding tissues
So we can say,
Achilles tendon repair surgery is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures. It is the best surgical method to repair tendon ruptures. It is also safe and rarely leads to any complications. Consult your ortho surgeon if you have any doubts before the surgery and go for consultations regularly after the surgery for best results.
No. In most cases, the surgery is performed by a trained orthopedic surgeon. Visit the best orthopedic specialist in Chennai for pain-free surgery.
Yes, several measures may help prevent a tendon rupture. They are:
- Avoid high impact sports like football or wrestling
- Avoid running on hard surfaces
- Participate in low impact activities like walking or swimming
It will take around 6 - 12 weeks for the tendon to completely repair itself. Visit the best orthopedic surgery hospital in MRC Nagar, if you wish to know more about it.