Cyst Removal Surgery in MRC Nagar, Chennai
Overview of Cyst Removal Surgery
A cyst is a sac that can form because of blockages in ducts or infections. Cyst Removal Surgery is a procedure to remove cysts that may develop in one or both ovaries.
About Cyst Removal Surgery
Cyst Removal Surgery is a procedure to remove cysts from one or both ovaries. If the size of the cysts is large, then an expert cyst specialist in MRC Nagar may recommend laparotomy. It involves a single and wide incision along your belly to gain access to the cysts. Laparoscopy is a more common procedure for removing cysts. The doctor uses a small fiber-optic tube and passes the same through tiny incisions to view and remove the cysts. Laparoscopic Cyst Surgery in Chennai offers faster recovery and minimal scarring and pain.
Who Qualifies for Cyst Removal Surgery?
To qualify for the procedure of Cyst Removal Surgery, you need to have one or some of the following symptoms:
- Sharp and severe pain in the pelvic region with a feeling of heaviness
- Discomfort during bowel movements
- Increased frequency of urination
- Fullness in the stomach even after eating less
- Difficulty to conceive
- Menstrual problems
- Pain during intercourse
If you are in menopause, then cysts may be cancerous. Cyst removal surgery is necessary to remove the cancerous cells that may spread to other parts of the body. If you suspect you may have cysts, consult any of the experienced Cyst removal doctors in Chennai.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, MRC Nagar, Chennai
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Why is Cyst Removal Surgery Performed?
Cysts can develop at any stage of life. It is not uncommon to have cysts. Most women may not experience any signs or symptoms. You will require Cyst Removal Surgery if the doctor diagnoses cysts in one or both ovaries that cause troublesome symptoms. Cyst surgery in MRC Nagar is necessary if the cysts are cancerous. The decision to remove cysts will depend on several factors, including -
- Sudden and severe pain in the pelvic region
- Confirmation of the presence of cysts
- Discomforting symptoms that are affecting the quality of life
- Change in the appearance and size of cysts
Consult a physician to know about the advanced laparoscopic technique for Cyst surgery in Chennai.
What are the Different Cyst Removal Surgeries?
Cyst Removal Surgery is necessary if the patient is experiencing discomforting symptoms or if the cyst has cancerous cells. Following are the two types of Cyst Removal Surgeries:
- Cyst removal by laparoscopy – Laparoscopic or keyhole surgery is a standard procedure for removing cysts. The surgery involves small incisions to permit the insertion of a fiber-optic tube for viewing the internal organs.
- Cyst removal by laparotomy - This procedure is ideal for large cysts or cancerous cysts and involves a single cut near the navel. This procedure requires a hospital stay for a few days.
Benefits of Cyst Removal Surgery
Cyst surgery in Chennai aims at the removal of cysts while preserving the ovaries. Laparoscopic technique for cyst removal (Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy) is beneficial as it enables removal of cyst irrespective of the size. Following are some benefits of this procedure:
- Less chance of complications
- Reduced bleeding
- Minimal hospital stay
- Less pain and scarring
- Faster recovery
Consult any experienced Cyst specialist in MRC Nagar to know the options.
Risks or Complications of Cyst Removal Surgery
While no surgery can be devoid of any risks such as infection or adverse reaction to anesthesia, Cyst Removal Surgery may involve the following risks:
- Possibility of removal of ovaries
- Damage to the neighboring organs
- Need for repeat surgery
- Excessive bleeding that may require a blood transfusion
In Laparoscopic Cyst surgery in Chennai, most of these risks and complications are few.
Functional cysts are usual during the reproductive age. These cysts result from a follicle that cannot release the egg or the fluid. As a result, the residue can swell to become a cyst. These are non-cancerous and harmless cysts that may not require any surgery for the removal. However, if these start causing symptoms, then a cyst surgery in MRC Nagar may be necessary.
The development of harmless cysts is a vital feature of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Cyst formation is also possible in patients who are suffering from endometriosis.
You should consult a gynecologist in a reputed cyst hospital in Chennai if you notice the following symptoms after Cyst Removal Surgery:
- High-grade fever
- Swelling or reddish discharge from incisions
- Excessive bleeding