Endoscopic Services in MRC Nagar, Chennai
Endoscopic surgeries are done as better alternatives to open surgeries. These surgeries require minor incisions and minimal insertions. An endoscope is a skinny, long and flexible tube with an attached camera used to diagnose and treat urological problems. This surgery causes less trauma to a patient and usually takes an hour.
To seek treatment, you can search online for endoscopic services in Chennai or near you.
Who qualifies for this service?
- People with the following conditions can opt for endoscopic procedures:
- Severe and constant stomach ache
- Gastric ulcers
- Bleeding in the digestive tract
- Chronic constipation
- Abnormal tissue growths
- Severe sinus
- Colon or other gastrointestinal cancers
Why is this procedure conducted ?
Endoscopy is conducted as a safe alternative to open surgeries. It is done to:
- Diagnose: for the identification and analysis of a medical condition
- Screen: to help in prevention of diseases like colorectal cancer
- Treat: to get rid of diseases or remove abnormal tissues
What are the different types of endoscopic services?
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: In this case, an endoscope is inserted through your mouth or throat into the esophagus to view and treat the problems of the esophagus, stomach and upper portion of the small intestine.
- Colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy:Endoscope is inserted through rectum into the large intestine (colon). Depending upon the depth of insertion, this procedure is called sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticography (ERCP): This is a special type of endoscopic procedure. It is used for the treatment of diseases related to the pancreas, liver and gallbladder. It is also used for stent placement and biopsies.
To seek treatment, you can consult a gastroenterologist near you. You can also visit a multispeciality hospital near you.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, MRC Nagar, Chennai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the benefits of endoscopy services?
Advantages of endoscopy services are:
- Less traumatic and minimally invasive
- Performed within an hour
- Less painful
- Small incisions are made on the body
- Quick recovery time
- Low chances of infection
- Minimal scarring
- Minimal blood loss
What are the complications associated with endoscopic procedures?
Endoscopy is considered to be a very safe procedure with fewer complications like:
- Tear or perforation in the gut wall or other organs
- Allergic reaction to sedation or anesthesia
- Bacterial, viral or fungal infection
- Pancreatitis due to ERCP
The main alternatives to endoscopy are either open surgeries or X-rays for diagnostic procedures.
Endoscopic surgeries are performed by highly specialized gastroenterologists or gastrointestinal surgeons. Upper endoscopic surgeries involving the throat or nose can be performed by an ENT surgeon.
Recovery time following endoscopy is rapid, usually a few hours to one day or so.