Liposuction Surgery in MRC Nagar, Chennai
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that eliminates fat you cannot get rid of through exercise or diet. It’s also known as lipoplasty, body contouring or lipo. This is a popular cosmetic surgery. People opt for liposuction to contour or improve the shape of their bodies.
Suppose you want to remove excess fat from areas, such as hips, thighs, abdomen, buttocks, back, or neck, by the best cosmetology doctor in Chennai. In that case,
you can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, MRC Nagar, Chennai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How is liposuction done?
For the liposuction procedure, you have to be under anesthesia. So, during the surgery, you don’t feel any pain. But the recovery might be painful. A small incision is made and local anesthesia is used for reducing trauma and bleeding. A regulated back-and-forth motion is made using a thin hollow cannula inserted through the incision. This loosens excessive fat. The dislodged excess fat is then suctioned out using a surgical syringe or vacuum attached to the cannula. Extra blood and fluid need draining, and the area is bandaged or stitched up. The procedure usually takes 1-3 hours. Most people have to stay overnight at the hospital after the liposuction surgery in Chennai.
A few procedures are performed at outpatient centers. After liposuction, it is common to have bruising, swelling, numbness and soreness.
Who qualifies for liposuction?
Liposuction might be a painless process, but it is not suitable for all. Talk to the best cosmetologist in Chennai to see if it is the right procedure for you. Good liposuction candidates are people who:
- Have healthy skin elasticity
- Have stubborn body fat that doesn’t go away with exercise or diet
- Have good muscle tone
- Don’t have excess skin
- Aren’t obese or overweight
- Don’t smoke
It is better to avoid this procedure if you have a weak immune system or a history of cardiovascular disease, diabetes or seizures. Patients taking blood thinners should also look for other methods to reduce their stubborn fat.
Why is liposuction performed?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that reshapes and slims down certain body areas, removing excess fat deposits. Overall, it is a weight-loss method and not an obesity treatment. It doesn’t remove dimples, stretch marks or cellulite.
What are the different types of liposuction?
There are three different types of liposuction. Let’s take a look at them.
- Tumescent Liposuction: In this, a local anesthetic is used for numbing the area where the surgery will be performed. It doesn’t require general anesthesia.
- Laser-Assisted Liposuction: It uses low-energy waves for liquefying fat that is removed using a small cannula.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction: This process in liposuction surgery in Chennai uses ultrasound for liquefying the process that makes it much easier to remove. The ultrasound method can remove fat from the back, sides and upper abdomen.
What are the benefits of liposuction?
- Gets rid of excessive fat safely.
- Might improve the appearance of cellulite or remove it completely
- Boosts self-esteem
- Improves health due to fat loss
- Helps in contouring body areas
What are the risks associated with liposuction?
- Anesthesia complication
- Nerve damage
- Burns from equipment
Risks after the procedure
- Wavy, bumpy or uneven skin as the surgical procedures remove fat unevenly. The damage can be permanent.
- It can lead to fat embolism, a medical emergency where fat pieces get trapped in blood vessels and accumulate in the lungs. These can then travel to the brain.
- In case the procedure isn’t performed in a sterile environment, it can lead to serious infection.
- If the cannula penetrates too deep, it can puncture internal organs. In that case, you will need an added surgical procedure to fix it.
- Fluid accumulation is another risk that comes with it. This might not be a severe problem, but temporary fluid pockets can form under the skin. It has to be drained with a needle.
Liposuction eliminates fat cells permanently, changing the shape of the body. But if you don’t lead a healthier lifestyle after the procedure, your fat cells might become more prominent.
Cellulite often appears on the buttocks, abdomen, thighs and hips and cannot be removed by liposuction.
Usually, age isn’t taken to be a primary factor for liposuction. Nevertheless, older adults have skin that tends to be less elastic. So, they might not benefit much from liposuction.
The procedure removes fat cells permanently. So, if you gain weight, it won’t be the area where you had the surgery. But liposuction doesn’t keep you from gaining weight.