Varicose Veins Treatment & Diagnosis in MRC Nagar, Chennai
When a particular vein in your body gets enlarged and twisted and can prominently be seen from the outside, it is regarded as a varicose vein. Generally, the veins that lie directly under the skin are more likely to get varicose. Just like deep vein thrombosis, varicose veins mostly occur in the legs. In most cases, they do not cause much harm, except making the area look grotesque. In some cases, varicose veins may lead to acute pain and discomfort and even to serious consequences if left untreated. For any query on varicose veins, you can visit a vascular surgery hospital in Chennai.
What are the symptoms of varicose veins?
In most cases, varicose veins remain painless, so it is very difficult to identify them initially. Some early signs of varicose veins are:
- Some veins are visible from outside and they are differently colored compared to normal veins - they are mostly blue or purple in color.
- The veins become thick, bulged-out and twisted, almost resembling cords.
Sometimes varicose veins may be accompanied by pain and the following symptoms:
- Feeling of discomfort and heaviness in the legs
- Swelling, inflammation, piercing pain and cramping in the legs
- The pain increases when you sit or stand in one posture for a prolonged period of time
- Change in color of the veins
Sometimes a group of veins that resemble a spider may be visible in some parts of the body, mostly in your legs and face. They are known as spider veins and they have similar signs and symptoms as those of varicose veins.
If you think you have any of the symptoms of varicose or spider veins, you should visit a vascular surgery hospital in MRC Nagar.
What causes varicose veins?
When the pressure of blood in the veins increases, that may lead to varicose veins. This may occur when the valves become weak and are unable to carry blood to the heart. Weak valves may also result in accumulation of blood in the veins resulting in the twisting of the veins. If you think that you are at an increased risk of developing varicose veins, consult some good vascular surgery doctors in Chennai.
When should you visit a doctor?
If the symptoms of varicose veins do not go away with time even after self-care and changing lifestyle, you must visit a good varicose veins specialist in MRC Nagar. Sometimes even if the varicose veins remain painless, you may be conscious about how they look and then visiting a doctor becomes necessary.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, MRC Nagar, Chennai.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What is the treatment for varicose veins?
Compression stockings can be helpful in increasing the flow of blood in the legs thereby giving relief.
But, sometimes, more complex treatment methods are used for treating advanced varicose veins, some of which are discussed below:
- Sclerotherapy - In this method, foam is injected to make the visible varicose veins fade.
- Laser therapy - This is a painless method during which the heat from a laser is used to make varicose veins less prominent.
- High ligation and vein stripping - In this method, the veins are tied or ligated together and then surgically removed with the help of small incisions.
- Endoscopic Vein Surgery - This method is applied on varicose veins that are aggravated and have led to an ulcer in the legs. With the help of a camera, the enlarged veins are surgically removed from your legs.
For the best results, you can opt for varicose veins treatment in MRC Nagar.
You may live with varicose veins for many years without suffering from any serious consequences. However, leading an active life and getting timely help can cure this condition. For any information, consult a good varicose veins specialist near you.
Yes, in extremely advanced cases, untreated varicose veins may cause skin and leg ulcers.
Yes, obesity leads to more pressure on the legs when you stand and hence, is a risk factor for varicose veins.
Yes, they can occur in any part of the leg.