Excision of Tumors Surgery in MRC Nagar, Chennai
About Excision of Tumors
Tumor excision is a surgical procedure in which the surgeon removes the abnormal lumps (tumors) that develop in bone tissue. Are you seeking excision of tumors treatment in MRC Nagar, Chennai, at a reputable healthcare facility? There are many excision of tumors doctors in MRC Nagar, Chennai.
When your cells happen to divide abnormally, they are likely to form a lump or mass of tissues. This lump of uncontrollably growing cells is known as a tumor. When this tumor develops in your bones, the condition is known as a bone tumor. There are two types of bone tumors - noncancerous and cancerous.
Although maximum bone tumor cases are noncancerous (benign), some can be cancerous (malignant). The former is not life-threatening and unlikely to metastasize (spread to the other parts of the body). However, these can cause bones to fracture, pain, and disability issues. And cancerous bone tumors are likely to spread all over your body and lead to severe complications.
In both cases, your doctor is likely to recommend a tumor excision procedure to remove the lump of tissues that appear on your bones. Excision of tumors (noncancerous) reduces the possibilities of bone fracture and physical disability.
And, in the case of cancerous bone tumors, the doctor performs the tumor excision surgery to remove the entire cancerous mass so that the cancerous tissues cannot grow further.
If you suspect that you may have a bone condition, it is crucial to seek medical help at the earliest. Excision of tumors doctors in MRC Nagar, Chennai, offer best-in-class treatments. So, you can consult the best excision of tumors specialist near you.
Who Qualifies for a Tumor Excision Procedure?
If the doctor finds any of the following matching scenarios, you are suitable for surgical removal of bone tumor:
- If your noncancerous tumor has become cancerous and has started to spread
- If your doctor sees any possibility of bone weakening followed by fracture
- If you experience pain in the affected area
- If surgery is the only way to remove the tumor
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, MRC Nagar, Chennai
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Why is Excision of Tumors Conducted?
The reasons why doctors perform excision of bone tumors:
- Sometimes bone tumors can be uncomfortable and restrict the movement of the affected area. In such situations, surgical removal of the tumors is the best resort.
- If a cancerous bone tumor is left untreated, it can lead to life-threatening complications especially, if it has spread to the rest of the body. Therefore, surgically removing the malignant tumor is considered the best treatment.
- To identify if the tumor is benign or malignant, your doctor removes a small portion of the lump by excision and sends it for biopsy. If your doctor diagnoses cancer, they will remove the entire section of cancerous tissue through tumor excision surgery.
- Surgery can also help you get rid of the discomforting and painful symptoms while restoring your bodily functions.
What are the Benefits of the Excision of Tumors?
The benefits of excision of tumors procedure are:
- Removing tumors is likely to help you minimize your symptoms instantly.
- If the tumors have become malignant and are causing the production of blood-borne agents while spurring the growth of cancerous cells in other parts of your body, excision is likely to help.
- If you did not respond to radiation therapy, excision of tumors is likely to help remove the tumors.
- Excision can help remove all cancerous tissues, even from the small areas, regardless of how small these are.
What are the Risks Involved with the Excision of Tumors?
Although tumor excision doctors in MRC Nagar, Chennai are highly trained and perform surgeries very carefully to avoid all possible risks. However, still, sometimes, certain risks do remain. In a tumor excision surgery, potential risks include pain, bleeding, infection, and nerve damage.
Bone cancer is most likely to affect the long bones of your body, including legs and arms, and pelvis.
Yes, you are most likely to take the following:
- Chest X-ray
- Blood tests
- ECG (Electrocardiogram)
The biopsy is a surgical process of extracting sample tissues from the affected area and examining the presence and extent of a condition, especially cancers.